• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

The roster for next season even with four scholarships currently available is already better than it was last year.

Cam returns ✅
Efton returns ✅
Parker returns ✅
MMM returns ✅

Additions:
Former 5 ⭐️ Omaha Biliew
Former 4 ⭐️ Davin Cosby
4 ⭐️ Juke Harris
Solid depth big Tre’Von Spillers

Possibility Sallis comes back (50/50) and then 4 scholarships available (5 if Sallis leaves)

That’s pretty solid IMO

I am really excited about spillers. Have this feeling he may be the best of the new additions next season. Hopefully, we can keep Billiew for more than one season!

Even though the deadline was midnight, more transfer portal candidates could be coming as paperwork is processed....

Is there anything stopping a player from moving multiple times before the season starts, once they have entered the portal?

For example, can Carr back out of UK and go to Villanova in July if they would still take him?

Is there anything stopping a player from moving multiple times before the season starts, once they have entered the portal?

For example, can Carr back out of UK and go to Villanova in July if they would still take him?
There is no signed letter of intent for transfer portal candidates.

Until a transfer portal candidate actucally enrolls (starts taking a class at his new school), he can withdraw his commitment and commit to anther school. This has already happened for a few players. The problem is that rosters are filling up and NIL funds are being used; so, if a player continues to wait or flip/flop between schools, the spots and money will dry up.

Once they enroll (start taking a class), even in the Summer, they are a scholarship player for the new school for that academic year. They can't transfer again until the portal opens again (which for football players isn't until after the 2024 season, and for basketball players isn't until after the 2024-5 season). There always is the waiver process, and it seems like the NCAA has lost every recent case when an athlete has challenged the denial of a waiver. So, could it happen? Yes, it could.

Last edited:
Would be nice to have enough playable guys this season so Forbes could have the top guys averaging no more than 30 min per game so they would be fresher for closing games and also late in the season.

That would leave 40 - 45 minutes per game to divide among three or four key reserves. I would like to see enough different skill sets so that Wake could better match up with opponents. Or, create Wake favorable mismatches.

His recruitment has been really under the radar. Always had a hunch that WF was involved and maybe keeping him as an option depending on how the rest of the transfer portal recruiting went down.
Knowing nothing, it feels to me like we back-burnered him last year, maybe didn't show real enthusiasm this year, and so now he's looking elsewhere for a better fit.

I'd like him on the roster for sure, but I don't know that we're in a position to offer him a ton of minutes.

Knowing nothing, it feels to me like we back-burnered him last year, maybe didn't show real enthusiasm this year, and so now he's looking elsewhere for a better fit.

I'd like him on the roster for sure, but I don't know that we're in a position to offer him a ton of minutes.
We would be offering him a lot more minutes if Hunter goes to the NBA. My thought is that WF was hoping to slow play Dell'Orso until it had more clarity on what Sallis was doing (and maybe a few other portal longshots). If UVA is involved, WF would have to either go all in or let him go. Think he can play.

Dell’Orso was very close to taking his OV last year with Wake and then the whole Hunter Sallis thing happened so I would imagine the staff would be in on him again. Just wondering if he feels the same toward the Staff and WF.

The roster for next season even with four scholarships currently available is already better than it was last year.

Cam returns ✅
Efton returns ✅
Parker returns ✅
MMM returns ✅

Additions:
Former 5 ⭐️ Omaha Biliew
Former 4 ⭐️ Davin Cosby
4 ⭐️ Juke Harris
Solid depth big Tre’Von Spillers

Possibility Sallis comes back (50/50) and then 4 scholarships available (5 if Sallis leaves)

That’s pretty solid IMO
One thing reflecting back on this year - feels like Forbes has got to get the #8-10 guys in the rotation some run during the season so they can actually be helpful in March. By the time we got there this year Keller, Marsh and MMM were all but useless.

Last edited:
Back