• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Good lord Providence.
Providence has a massive following. Rhode Island has a population over a million. They have no pro-sports franchise and no college football on the FBS level. Providence men's basketball (and to a smaller extent URI) dominate the sports landscape in little RI.

Hah, yeah just assuming P-Fred and 3-M are back.

LOL the entire roster is available.
It's the opposite of when Tim Duncan completed his sophomore and junior years. He would have been the #1 pick in the draft after both seasons, but reporters had to track him down to ask if he was going pro or coming back to Wake, and both times he was like (paraphrasing, obviously) "yeah, of course I'm coming back, stop bothering me."

Providence has a massive following. Rhode Island has a population over a million. They have no pro-sports franchise and no college football on the FBS level. Providence men's basketball (and to a smaller extent URI) dominate the sports landscape in little RI.
Lotta people to STINK.

You realize that Providence is 50 miles from Boston, right ?

You realize that Providence is 50 miles from Boston, right ?
But a world away...

LOUep3-10mileswestboston-900.jpg

i wonder if awakegirl has any thoughts on the subject

That was obvious awakegirl bait. Pilch’s post yesterday on the losing histories of the T-Wolves, Vikings, and Wild was DeacMan bait.

acting like PC is even a top 5 sports presence in Rhode Island is asinine and one of the silliest things I've ever seen Pilch post

but, PC basketball was the only college sports program I followed growing up and they've cultivated a really cool experience at the Dunk

RSF, are people bent out of shape about the PawSox leaving ?

acting like PC is even a top 5 sports presence in Rhode Island is asinine and one of the silliest things I've ever seen Pilch post

but, PC basketball was the only college sports program I followed growing up and they've cultivated a really cool experience at the Dunk
are you saying that PC sports in RI is a nothingburger?

RSF, are people bent out of shape about the PawSox leaving ?

true story, I came v close to getting into a drunken fight with someone in the BC section of a Wake/BC football game (the Friday night hurricane game in 2018!) because they were wearing a WooSox shirt and I was yelling at them about how the team fucked over two different cities with that move

Back