• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

I really feel bad for Steve Forbes.

He needs a competitive NIL pot, a home venue, and full support of everyone. And he has none of those.

I really think if he did he could have us competitive at least. He is a likable guy and works hard. We could do a lot worse than Steve Forbes. Maybe better too but not even a great hire like Pat Kelsey could win here over the long haul until we get our own cards in order.

For example, what I read above is “we have hunter sallis locked in because of a technicality in the transfer rules…so we don’t have to offer him anything.”

I’m no expert on the transfer rules but I’m pretty sure I know how that is going to turn out.

We need to stop bellyaching about the new rules and start asking how we win in 2030.

The rules for transfers in 2018 (6 years ago) are not the rules for transfers in 2024. Why should plans for 2030 (6 years in the future) be put in place based on rules of today?

Will the just passed Virginia law allowing direct university payments to players be the norm, tossed out or still in litigation in six years?

I mean, 2&2 and BirdinBama (plus probably deacdixieboy) want him to fail. But you are right, most normal fans want him to succeed.
Wanting him to fail and admitting that he is a failure are two different things. I don't want him to fail. But he has failed.

200w.gif

I really feel bad for Steve Forbes.

He needs a competitive NIL pot, a home venue, and full support of everyone. And he has none of those.

I really think if he did he could have us competitive at least. He is a likable guy and works hard. We could do a lot worse than Steve Forbes. Maybe better too but not even a great hire like Pat Kelsey could win here over the long haul until we get our own cards in order.

For example, what I read above is “we have hunter sallis locked in because of a technicality in the transfer rules…so we don’t have to offer him anything.”

I’m no expert on the transfer rules but I’m pretty sure I know how that is going to turn out.

We need to stop bellyaching about the new rules and start asking how we win in 2030.
This is just unhinged bullshit with no basis in reality whatsoever.

I wouldn't mind having Power as a Carr replacement. They seem to have similar games, with Carr having a more developed body and better inside game and Power potentially being a better shooter than Carr, who was a good shooter.

Will be interesting to see what happens at Duke. I think they have 6 recruits coming in for next year.

Only Roach & Young will be gone. I think the only NBA guys are Flip, McCain, and maybe Proctor.

Beyond the numbers not adding up, I have to think they'll lose some highly ranked guys that played very little... TJ Power? Sean Stewart? Maybe even Mark Mitchell?

Schutt & Reeves redshirted (I think).

Hard to imagine so many Top 100 (heck, top 20) guys riding the pine.

And three weeks later, they are all gone, aside from Proctor.

And three weeks later, they are all gone, aside from Proctor.
Can you imagine what Coach K's response would have been if he had to coach in the NIL era? He "turned down" the Lakers job to show his dedication to the school. I think he would have pulled a van gundy and literally held onto the legs of the players
i

I hope they tear down Tribble and build a nice 1k seat court right there in the heart of campus! That will show 'em we are serious abut winning. Betting we can get that done by 2029 even....

I hope they tear down Tribble and build a nice 1k seat court right there in the heart of campus! That will show 'em we are serious abut winning. Betting we can get that done by 2029 even....
we should have an on-campus arena with one assigned seat for every undergrad, that way we can identify who skips a home game and flog them

we should have an on-campus arena with one assigned seat for every undergrad, that way we can identify who skips a home game and flog them
Why would we build a massively oversized arena like that? 167 seats TOPS. If you go to 168, you’re not serious about winning.

One game a year they should do a students only game in the old Reynolds gym. Make it some random Tuesday night non-conference 9 o clock start time and see how many students can pack in before the fire marshall says something. It's completely illogical and will never happen, but I would have loved that as a student.

Back