• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Juke and Parker won't play 1 minute of combined PG next season. WTF is he talking about.

Boopie was not gonna have a reduced role. He produced a pretty high level as an ACC PG esp as a sophomore. It's a loss. Sucks but this is what it is now.
I'm pretty confident in the fact that Wake Forest was looking to recruit a guard that would compete/possibly play over Boopie.

Loved Boopie but tbh we can find someone way better - couldn't give us what we needed during bigger ACC games like Alondes/Tyree did. I think Forbes has got to be looking at someone with a tougher style of play and I'm sure Boopie didn't want reduced minutes. Makes sense imo - wish the best for the kid

If memory serves, we were recruiting Horne hard long after Boopie committed, so this stands to reason.
I'm pretty confident in the fact that Wake Forest was looking to recruit a guard that would compete/possibly play over Boopie.
Meant my response in terms of this year, but you're probably right on last year too.

seriously

do all these guys have agents? does a guy like aaron clark have an agent? are schools calling him directly? are coaches talking to him yet or just NIL collectives?

I don't know how any of this works

All of the above - Some players have agents. Some don't.

Sometimes communication from other schools or collectives is through an AAU or high school coach who relays the offer to the player or parent of player.

It's all over the board.

I don't think this is an indictment. There are resources to retain places. One has to be smart about those resources.
Yeah don't disagree. Time will tell on this one obviously if we're able to get someone superior, but I have my doubts that we can bring in a Sallis and Boopie level guard tandem again.

sucks on boopie

i think his best role on a good p5 team is a spark plug off the bench / 6th starter type role, and maybe saw that's where forbes was headed for next year

even if we commit a shit ton of money to Cam, Efton and Carr, as we should - someone out there is probably going to offer to over-pay those guys. That's just the way it is. So hopefully, in addition to a strong financial package, they feel some loyalty to their coach, each other, etc.

Back