• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Count me among those who thought it’d be good to bring in a starting PG to slide Boopie to the 6th man role, but I also liked Boopie. It is definitely a bummer to rarely be able to watch these guys stick around and grow up together.
You just can’t do that feasibly in this era of college basketball. If players don’t play, they can and will leave.

It’s honestly even more of a reason to like and respect Cam that he’s really embraced what’s best for the team at the expense of his production. It’s why the selfishness criticism after uva is so stupid.

I don’t know. It’s actually kinda fun if you can do it well. I enjoyed a year of Appleby and Alondes more than two years of Tony Chennault for example.
That's valid. But how many teams can do it well? We can argue that Forbes has been great at pulling in portal talent but it hasn't produced the results we fans want.

It’s dumb not because Parker slumped at the end of the season but because he hasn’t shown anything to indicate he’d be running the point
If you have a combo guard like we’ve had 2 out if the last 3 portal classes, it’s reasonable to have them bring the ball up the floor with Parker in for Boopie for 5-15 min a game. We did it some this year.

Loved Boopie and hate to see him go. Great player and great kid and will do well wherever he ends up.

But if I'm being honest I think my dominant memory will be of him flying down the court, tripping on his own shoelaces, and losing the ball out of bounds.

My bad on relying on my feeble memory in stating that Boopie's Mom made her post after the State game. It is obvious that it was a different game.

However, I am certain that she did make a post complaining about Boopie being benched. See the following post which someone made on another board:

"This is really disappointing. We did have his mom going on social media complaining earlier in the year so I guess they weren't totally happy. Behind the scenes Boopie may be more of a problem than we realized. Started every game. 32 minutes. 2nd leading scorer. What in the world could you be unhappy about?"

My bad on relying on my feeble memory in stating that Boopie's Mom made her post after the State game. It is obvious that it was a different game.

However, I am certain that she did make a post complaining about Boopie being benched. See the following post which someone made on another board:

"This is really disappointing. We did have his mom going on social media complaining earlier in the year so I guess they weren't totally happy. Behind the scenes Boopie may be more of a problem than we realized. Started every game. 32 minutes. 2nd leading scorer. What in the world could you be unhappy about?"

not to go too deep down this rabbithole, but he's made a few comments on his mom's social media that seemed like he thought he was being held back at wake

Parker will probably be pretty good but man his closing stretch was so brutal. Boopie actually shot better than him from 3 for the season. Any way you slice it feels like a big loss for a team that’s biggest issue this year was depth.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like we only have so much NIL to go around (obviously) and Boopie was 5th or worse on our list of priorities behind replacing Hunter, Carr, Cam and Efton.
I agree with this, except to add that it might not be necessarily a limited pool of NIL, but trying to be wise stewards of what we have.

And we might not try to blow open the bank/market, when Sallis might still be on the table.

I'm still obsessed with the stat that Marsh's FG% last year was more than twice his FT%. That has to be some kind of record, right?

good luck to Marsh. Some lower level team better make sure their baskets are bolted down tight bc Marsh is going to throw down a hard dunk or two.

Don't need to worry about Forbes having ships to offer portal candidates... Also, sounds like this may not be the end of the departures.

not to go too deep down this rabbithole, but he's made a few comments on his mom's social media that seemed like he thought he was being held back at wake
I can't fault a guy for how he feels, but hard to see how his season could be evaluated as being held back. He had every opportunity possible to showcase his abilities on the ACC.

247 board must be absolutely hysterical (more than usual). Everyone over there insisted Marsh was the 2nd coming of Wilt.

Back