• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Hate losing Boopie but I think we could certainly upgrade that spot with a pure PG who facilitates the offense. Unfortunately, there’s also a solid chance of a downgrade as he clearly had talent and room for improvement.

fair, but then put another way who is throwing serious $$$ at a guy like Boop?

Top tier team with money that sells him on playing for a contender? He certainly wouldn’t be guaranteed to be a starter but if you could convince him to come off the bench for UNC or whatever….

Hate losing Boopie but I think we could certainly upgrade that spot with a pure PG who facilitates the offense. Unfortunately, there’s also a solid chance of a downgrade as he clearly had talent and room for improvement.

Yeah but can we net out ahead relative to Sallis/Boopie?

Plus I don't feel like we are done with players entering the portal.

Yeah, can't really see this as anything but discouraging news. Boopie's numbers overall this year were very good, although he did disappear in some games and he struggled against bigger, more physical guards. I figured he would make a significant leap next year as he adjusted to ACC-level play and coming off his injury last year.

Man fuck this shit. It's not so much the quality of the player leaving that bothers me...it's that anyone we have who has 1 good year is seemingly always on their way out the door immediately after.
Welcome to the portal era! This is the logical conclusion of all the people moaning for years about transfer restrictions, and how XYZ player with a sob story wasn’t eligible to play immediately. Turns out those restrictions were pretty important to making this a fun sport to follow!

I want to see how Forbes addresses this. Think that will tell us a lot. I'm not so sure it's definitely a $ decision.

I’m sure he’s already received some overtures. That’s the way it works.

Undoubtedly knows of one or more options in hand before making the decision. Totally agree. They aren’t making these decisions in a vacuum.

Yeah but can we net out ahead relative to Sallis/Boopie?

Plus I don't feel like we are done with players entering the portal.
Not necessarily the same question. You’re losing Sallis. Can you bring in a better player to fill that role with Boopie as the defacto starting PG? Maybe, maybe not. You’re losing Sallis regardless.

Even when it was much more difficult, Odom still brought in transfers. Charlie Harrison and Anthony Tucker are two notable guys who transferred to Wake and sat a year. If GDO was coaching today, he would be a big portal recruiter too.
I've said it before, I'll say it again. We need a decent Lithuanian and a decent Georgetown transfer, but they can't be the same guy. Then we shall be back on track.

Top tier team with money that sells him on playing for a contender? He certainly wouldn’t be guaranteed to be a starter but if you could convince him to come off the bench for UNC or whatever….
Gonna laugh when he tweets a picture of himself in a DePaul jersey

Keeping Carr, Cam, Reid is essential. If we lose any of those guys, we are in trouble.

Don't think we will get a scorer like Boopie at guard, but think we can adequately replace him.

I was big time #BoopieIN, and what makes me most sad is he has the makings of a March Madness phenom on the right team.

However, time to move forward.

Back