• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Are you judging our current coach over what we have done over 20 years?

Is the idea that we should fire Forbes because we are angry about how bad [Redacted] and Manning were?

First of all, I specifically said I'm not Forbes out. I'll assume you missed that and aren't putting words in my mouth. I'm judging the program. I don't wipe the slate clean with Ford or GE when they hire a new COO. But to answer the question I think you're getting at, I think Forbes has improved the program post-Manning, but he still hasn't proven (again, I'm wait-and-see) that he can take it to the level I need it to be to really emotionally invest. But I also think it would have been hard to find a worse coach than our last two. I'm not sure there's a worse coach out there.

Reading some of the posts here, I would think that we averaged six or seven acc wins a year over the last three years

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk
I think it's more that we haven't gone to the NCAA Tournament over the last three years.

I'm with you, though, Chris. I'm pretty excited to see what this squad can do. Lots of talented new players joining some really talented current players.

ETA: I think we're also underestimating what Efton is going to be capable of with a full off-season and what Cam can do with two functional wrists.

2&2 is a contrarian ass on basically every topic he engages here. So it’s not worth fleshing out any deeper meaning to his posts other than “haha you guys are dorks because you see nuance”
his posts are so formulaic that several posters have questioned if he's a bot iirc

First of all, I specifically said I'm not Forbes out. I'll assume you missed that and aren't putting words in my mouth. I'm judging the program. I don't wipe the slate clean with Ford or GE when they hire a new COO. But to answer the question I think you're getting at, I think Forbes has improved the program post-Manning, but he still hasn't proven (again, I'm wait-and-see) that he can take it to the level I need it to be to really emotionally invest. But I also think it would have been hard to find a worse coach than our last two. I'm not sure there's a worse coach out there.

It's May 15th and you have posted multiple times over the past few hours on a roster construction thread opining on a season that is still 5 months away from tipping off.

Methinks Kent is more emotionally invested then what he lets on or wants others to believe.

Ummm, isn't this entire thread about posting about a season that hasn't happened yet? '24-'25 being in the thread title and all.

But, yes, I am more invested than I wish I were. Muscle/brain memory from a lot of years of living and dying WFU basketball. I was completely tuned out during the Buzz/Manning years, but ManMan drug me back in, and now I'm conflicted. Hard to overstate how much I liked watching him play.

Don't expect joe lunardo to agree with that.
infuriatingly, he lists Wake as a 10 seed in his meaningless May 14th bracketology update

(why he is doing these in the middle of the transfer portal is especially baffling, but gotta get those clicks i guess)

infuriatingly, he lists Wake as a 10 seed in his meaningless May 14th bracketology update

(why he is doing these in the middle of the transfer portal is especially baffling, but gotta get those clicks i guess)
Sometimes I feel like I'm a slightly more likeable boards version of Lunardi.

The haters always ask "why do minutes projections before the roster is set???"

There have been 10+ pages added to this thread in the last 24 hours. As the kids would say these days, can someone give me the tl;dr? Did some actual news happen (Sallis officially not coming back, we missed on a top target, etc) or is it just the usual kvetching over nothing substantive?

There have been 10+ pages added to this thread in the last 24 hours. As the kids would say these days, can someone give me the tl;dr? Did some actual news happen (Sallis officially not coming back, we missed on a top target, etc) or is it just the usual kvetching over nothing substantive?
1- Wake fans have experienced sadness.
2 - Too many fans engaged 2&2's trolling
3 - How will our portal additions do? No one knows... Makes you wonder...

Back