• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

If Sallis stays in the draft, I'm going with Cam's sources that we land KJ, IF he doesn't stay in Europe.
e05b4cb8-3825-4533-88e0-610bfad1d636_text.gif

From what all sources have said (including Trilly) we have been strongly in the driver's seat for KJ. If there are rumblings he may go to Illinois instead then it's likely because we feel good about Sallis coming back and the minutes he wants are not going to be there.

Think it's most likely we either get one or the other but not both.
I mean, its Wake. The most likely result is that Sallis stays in the draft and then goes undrafted, while the Lithuanian kid goes to Illinois and is a 1st team AA.

One of the current issues with the transfer portal is that when guys announce their their commitment, it is just a verbal commitment. They don't sign anything until they formally enroll in classes. Hence, schools who miss their primary targets can go after a "committed " guy and take him away up until he is enrolled in (summer) school. NCAA needs to figure out something to fix that, so coaches know by a certain date that they will have a player for next season.

I’m slightly surprised cause HPU has the NIL to compete.

I’m slightly surprised cause HPU has the NIL to compete.
With a lot of schools. Might have more than BC or Seton Hall. But it’s a whole different ballgame trying to compete with a middle of the pack SEC squad. Especially since High Point likely would have to outspend the SEC school to get a guy there versus getting playing time in a P5.

Are we going to have to wait until the draft to know if Sallis will return?

I don't understand why shooting drills are important for players who played 35+ minutes a game and shot well in college. Sure you want them to show NBA range, but one drill doesn't really do that. I can see why it's a big deal for a Zach Edey or John Collins but not a high usage college guard.

I don't understand why shooting drills are important for players who played 35+ minutes a game and shot well in college. Sure you want them to show NBA range, but one drill doesn't really do that. I can see why it's a big deal for a Zach Edey or John Collins but not a high usage college guard.

If you’re a good shooter, then you’re gonna shoot well regardless of the context. He could have proved that it was a bad round had he played 5x5, but that’s the risk you run. He got bad advice imo

10 of 25 is 40%

that's bad from 3? or am i missing something? were these unguarded?

If his NBA stock is meh, hard to turn down a guaranteed $400-500K to return. He can still try to G-league the season after or player overseas, I would imagine. Bird in the hand, and all that.

I think he is the best chance to return of any WF player in recent memory. This is not a LaRavia type eval. Unless he pulls a Bobby, but that seemed like one-off strangeness. And that was before big NIL deals.

If he is back, we should be a safe NCAAT and our best depth in quite awhile. He is a crucial piece.

If his NBA stock is meh, hard to turn down a guaranteed $400-500K to return. He can still try to G-league the season after or player overseas, I would imagine. Bird in the hand, and all that.

I think he is the best chance to return of any WF player in recent memory. This is not a LaRavia type eval. Unless he pulls a Bobby, but that seemed like one-off strangeness. And that was before big NIL deals.

If he is back, we should be a safe NCAAT and our best depth in quite awhile. He is a crucial piece.

Unless you are talking after tax the number is likely much bigger than that

Back