• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

I believe that was Randoph Childress doing the color on those highlights and he seemed to like Johnson ....a lot. Biggest worries without knowing much about him are the atrocious 3p% and the fact that he had some of the worst coaching in the country last year with Payne and Manning. But lots to like as well.

nice get. Let’s get tights in gold, white and black. Hopefully not gray because our gray uniforms are an abomination.

Now let’s get the Lithuanian and a backup center.

Where is everyone reading that all
Lville fans love him? I’m reading that he’s talented but lazy, was late all the time, didn’t qualify academically at Memphis and is a TO machine. That said, I hope Forbes gets him into shape and that he’s a backup option.

Yea FT% is a huge indicator of three-point shooting potential so I agree.

Is there analysis showing players who shoot 80%+ FT and under 30% from deep tend to improve the next season?

Where is everyone reading that all
Lville fans love him? I’m reading that he’s talented but lazy, was late all the time, didn’t qualify academically at Memphis and is a TO machine. That said, I hope Forbes gets him into shape and that he’s a backup option.
Lots of Louisville fans on trilly’s discord who are really bummed about losing him

Is there analysis showing players who shoot 80%+ FT and under 30% from deep tend to improve the next season?
Statistically there is a weak correlation at best, but most scout ascribe to the idea that good FT shooters can at least become good 3 pt shooters

didn’t qualify academically at Memphis
I find it almost impossible to believe that this is actually true and he is now eligible to attend Wake.

I'm willing to disregard a lot of the basketball criticism of him considering his horrendous coaching last year. I think this is a high upside player that will fit this team pretty well. Certainly a good use of one of the available scholarships.

Back