• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Both positions of need, glad we got bodies there. Not 100% sure if these are true game changers or not for us, time will tell. Hell of a lot better than getting nothing the last week or so though.

That’s surely a possibility. We’ll know soon.
I really like Sallis, so I’m hoping he explodes in the combines.

Deacs needed a backup center and a PG coming into the weekend.

Ty-Laur Johnson fills the PG role. He's quick and fast. He plays pressure D and is a thief. Shooting percentages from the field are lousy. His FT percentage and shooting form provide reason for hope from the field. Can get to the hoop and get fall aways in the lane. He can pass to the post from the perimeter or in the lane. Will draw and dish to the perimeter. Better defender and playmaker than Boopie and looks quicker and faster. Brings skills to the PG that make him excellent depth and could work as a starter.

Churchill Abass is a man at the five. Works to dunk everything but has low post moves. Non stop motor looking for every rebound. His vertical and length make him a good low post defender that appears difficult to move. He didn't play the game until age 15 and he hasn't quit practicing since then. Well spoken in interviews and takes pride in overcoming obstacles. A potential gem.

Deacs needed a backup center and a PG coming into the weekend.

Ty-Laur Johnson fills the PG role. He's quick and fast. He plays pressure D and is a thief. Shooting percentages from the field are lousy. His FT percentage and shooting form provide reason for hope from the field. Can get to the hoop and get fall aways in the lane. He can pass to the post from the perimeter or in the lane. Will draw and dish to the perimeter. Better defender and playmaker than Boopie and looks quicker and faster. Brings skills to the PG that make him excellent depth and could work as a starter.

Churchill Abass is a man at the five. Works to dunk everything but has low post moves. Non stop motor looking for every rebound. His vertical and length make him a good low post defender that appears difficult to move. He didn't play the game until age 15 and he hasn't quit practicing since then. Well spoken in interviews and takes pride in overcoming obstacles. A potential gem.
Efton will make a huge difference in Ty-Laur’s game. He didn’t have decent post passing options at Louisville. I expect Efton to average 13-14 ppg next season. Expect Omaha + Spillers to exceed Carr’s average ppg and rpg.

KJ, Baba and Hunter are all still in play. If money permits and all three choose Wake Forest, I expect Forbes would be happy to have all three on the roster.

As presently constructed, the roster has five 4* players at the 1-3 and two 5* players down low. It would be competitive.

Back