• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU mention in FiveThirtyEight.com article on games between unbeaten teams

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Wake has played in 3 of only 16 games between teams with a combined 20-0 record since the 1979-80 season.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-final-has-never-happened-in-any-other-sport/

Here are the teams that combined for an undefeated record of 20-0 or better in a men’s college basketball matchup since 1979-80:

cbb_undefeateds.png

That's pretty cool.

Also I don't believe any of those teams won the title unless I'm missing one?

was the Clemson game the one where Chas got tackled in the stands?

I think the Wake-UVA game was "The Mangler" game.

The Duke-UNC game was the 1st game played in the Dean Dome.

Unless if I read that incorrectly, the 12th best baseball record ever was 3-0 vs. 2-0?

There have been less than 11 times that teams have ever played after they both swept their first opponent?

2009 Wake @ Clemson may have been my favorite in-person game as a Wake student - always fun to be there for a huge road victory. Perhaps this says something about me, but the disappointment of everyone else in the building is almost more exciting to me than the mass euphoria of a big home win.

We were #1 when the polls came out on Monday. VT beat us by 10 on the next Wednesday, and other than a home win over #1 Duke the next week, it was all downhill from there.

Back