• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Sorry for nub question but do we host finals and if so what day and time?

Great win. Definitely crazy that we haven't won any ACC titles in this generation, but also interesting that the year we won it all BC was a fucking powerhouse and we never beat them all season.

Great win.
Hopefully, we beat Louisville again on Saturday.

Let's go, Deacs! Now we get a second chance against Clemson, in South Carolina again.

I always like having a rematch against a team we lost to in the regular season. There's always an edge to the loser of the earlier game, assuming fairly evenly matched teams.

I couldn't quite tell, but it looks like Muuss may have changed the formation going into OT. Initially, we were playing a 4-5-1 with Bakero the lone holding forward up top. However, as the game progressed, it looked as though Bakero was tracking back and playing a deeper role with Ema running off of him with his pace. I couldn't tell if it was Muuss seeing an opportunity or Bakero, Hayes, and Ema just getting a feel for the game, but it worked very well. Not all that surprisingly, the midfield struggled quite a bit without Harkes. Many balls given away. Hopefully we can get him 100% for the remainder.

Great win. Definitely crazy that we haven't won any ACC titles in this generation, but also interesting that the year we won it all BC was a fucking powerhouse and we never beat them all season.

That BC team was great and gave us our only two losses of the year (we also drew with VaTech and Elon). Bedoya was awesome, of course, but they had this Ghanaian guy Ruben Aryana, or something, that was really really good, and a pretty good striker. Maybe they had two Ghanaians, I forget. Really good team.

Was Charlie Davies still on that team or had he gone pro by that season?

That BC team was great and gave us our only two losses of the year (we also drew with VaTech and Elon). Bedoya was awesome, of course, but they had this Ghanaian guy Ruben Aryana, or something, that was really really good, and a pretty good striker. Maybe they had two Ghanaians, I forget. Really good team.

Reuben Ayarna. Still playing professionally
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuben_Ayarna

Davies left in 06. Turned down the Generation Adidas contract. Moose was a first rounder that year.

Reuben Ayarna. Still playing professionally
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuben_Ayarna

Yeah, he was great. Got hurt early in the ACC final and they still beat us, although Vidovich randomly benched Valentin for the second half, put Phelan back in central defense, and like a minute into the half BC waltzes through to get their second goal and kill off the game (ETA - it may have even been a Phelan giveaway, I forget. I forgive Phelan though, he was the best player in the country that year). Valentin had been pretty terrible in the first half, as I recall, but it was still an odd move.

Last edited:
Man, that 2007 team was awesome. Phelan was such a stud.

I'm kinda #nervous about these Deacs making a natty run. They don't seem to have enough firepower.

Back