• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Men's team improves to 3-0-0 on the season. Their final tune-up before ACC play is Tuesday night against Georgia State (at Spry).

Couple quick notes that I've taken from the first couple games.

1. Video Board: The board is so insane. I mean, it's incredible for a college program. This coupled with the "new" practice facilities is really such a recruiting advantage. More importantly, the place looks rocking on tv.

2. Brandon Servania: The truth.

3. Bakero: He looks to have really improved over the break. Physically, he's added some muscle. He looks much quicker both on and off the ball. He's giving defenders fits. I'm not comparing them in their style of play, but he's a bit Costa-ish in that he never lets the back line get comfortable with the ball. Affects the other teams entire ability to go forward.

4. Ema: Very interesting that he's not getting the starts, but clearly is the first option coming off of the bench. Hard to claim the mids starting though aren't playing great ball though.

5. ACC: UNC and ND are both going to be very physical teams. I'd expect lots of teams will try to jump on us physically early to unsettle our quick moving game. With that said, this is one of the bigger physically Wake teams we've seen in awhile.

GAME DAY. LET'S GET IT.

completely agreed on Bakero

really responded to the arm band how you want to see a player respond to that responsibility

That's cool. It's also amusing given the stick (English-ism of the day) our odd collegiate set up gets in the discussion of the growth of soccer in this country. On one hand, many of us believe that our odd quasi Academy system-to-college scholarship model is holding us back, then you have kids like Jack who thrive here and perhaps attract more quality young Europeans to make the choice to play college soccer.

However, if you're looking for a decent game, 2-2 in #19 UK at #8 UL. Super testy game. ESPN app.

Georgia State get a PK completely against the run of play. Down 1-0. Need to start finishing.

Georgia State? That's an ugly loss for the tournament resume

Back