• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

During the Clemson/Syracuse game, the announcers said something about a player being from Germany. Wake has had a handful of foreign players, Harrison being one, but my sense is that we have fewer foreign players than other teams. Is that true? If so, why? Pros and Cons of foreign players?

We currently have Bakero from Spain and maybe a few players from Australia. It can be expensive to recruit foreign players.

Elon's roster has 8 foreign players. They have a bigger recruiting budget than Wake (3 foreign players)?

Elon's roster has 8 foreign players. They have a bigger recruiting budget than Wake (3 foreign players)?

Doubtful. But if you can get great US players then maybe that's the more sustainable option? I remember when we played VT in the final four back in 2007 they had a bunch of foreign players. They've really dropped off since then.

Ok I yield. It's a great chant that represents our fan base extremely well.

It sounds like "F U....W" which would easily be mistaken for the cheer of an opponent.

FU W?

Sounds like a chant for Democrats.

Stanford wins the NCAA against Clemson 4-0. Morris scored with his right foot in the first 90 seconds, and it was all Stanford for 90.

Stanford earned that one; #1 and #2 in the ACC along with Akron. Impressive.

Congrats to the Cardinal...no doubt we gave them their toughest match.....

Wait 'til next year...

GO DEACS!

I assume they just countered the shit out of Clemson who weren't disciplined with keeping numbers back?

The highlights of Stanford's goals would seem to validate that theory

Morris going pro

NYCFC desperately trying to get Jack Harrison labeled as a homegrown talent of theirs -- dubious claim at best. He still hasn't decided if he will turn pro or not. MLS have offered him a Generation Adidas contract.

Is Harrison going pro?

If no announcement has been made, when would a decision need to come if he was leaving?

Very soon. Like, maybe even today as MLS are giving out the GenAd contracts.

I would assume they wouldn't give one out to a kid that was still going to be an amateur next season...

I'm going to guess Harrison takes a GenAd deal.

It will be interesting to see what Yaro from Georgetown does.

Morris going pro

NYCFC desperately trying to get Jack Harrison labeled as a homegrown talent of theirs -- dubious claim at best. He still hasn't decided if he will turn pro or not. MLS have offered him a Generation Adidas contract.

Dubious doesn't begin to describe such a claim. But, it's MLS, so they'll likely be granted rights to him.

Any word on Spring Soccer Schedule? I checked Wake website and didn't see anything. Didn't know if anyone had heard anything

It's already been denied, I believe.

Everything I've read says it's been denied. If he doesn't sign a Gen Adidas contract, could he go to Europe? Some NYCFC fans were suggesting he sign with Man City who would loan him to NYCFC.

Back