• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

The above two are both commits. We also have Joseph Dezart another big defender out of the Philadelphia Union program committed.

We have landed a commit from Columbus Crew Academy's Player of the Year Eddie Folds, defender.

The ACC with 6 teams in the top 25 (#1 WFU, #2 Clemson, #5 UNC, #9 ND, #15 Cuse, and #17 UVA) and one team receiving votes (BC). There are going to be a lot of great matchups in the ACCT.

We're gearing up for our playoff run and will see you in KC for the final four of the College Cup.

Which begs the question- is the ACC soccer tourney harder to win than the NCAA?

Which begs the question- is the ACC soccer tourney harder to win than the NCAA?

Using RPI rankings, if we assume that the season ended today and that the higher ranked team won every game of the NCAAT, then our path through the NCAAT would be some unranked team (i.e., random conference winner) --> BC --> USF --> Stanford --> UNC. This obviously isn't how it would look because the seeding will end up being different based on the results of the conference tournaments, but it's one possible scenario.

If the higher seeded team wins every game in the ACCT, our path would be Duke --> ND --> UNC.

I would think that winning the NCAAT is more difficult because we have to play two more games and we would start playing ranked teams in the third round (second game for us), so we could end up having to go through four ranked teams as opposed to only two in the ACCT. We also have the benefit of home field advantage throughout the ACCT.

The first round games (Louisville vs. Duke and State vs. Cuse) start tonight at 7:00 pm. Our first game is Sunday at 1:00 pm against the winner of L'Ville/Duke.

Correct - Wake plays Louisville / Duke winner (updated my post).

lets keep this thread going now!
Yeah we are bummed about Giles but these guys are number 1 and have a real shot to win the national championship
I dont care if you dont like soccer. Jump on this bandwagon!

I loathe soccer but I'm balls deep on this thread. This and the panfers really the only things I live for anymore

Back