• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

If I had to wager a guess on the seeded teams, I'd go with

1. Wake
2. Clemson
3. UNC
4. Georgetown
5. Stanford
6. Syracuse
7. Akron
8. Notre Dame
9. Creighton
10. SMU
11. Maryland
12. Seattle
13. Ohio State
14. UCSB
15. Denver
16. South Florida

I'll look dumb on those calls in a couple hours, but I feel much stronger about the top half than the bottom half.

Pretty close, bro.

Hmmm, I will be in town from the 4-7. How will we know what day the game is if we make it that far?

I think you can rule out the 7th. I would guess Friday or Saturday nights with a slight edge to Friday. Usually teams like to play the games as early as possible to give themselves maximum rest for the next one

Don't like rematches where we won the first meeting. Among closely matched teams the first game loser has a motivational advantage in the second game, a la ND. But I think the NCAA selection committees like rematches.

The bracket looks much, much more manageable as a whole than those posts/descriptions did (at least) to me:

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/soccer-men/d1

If I'm reading the bracket correctly, the toughest teams we might possibly meet before the final four are #8 Stanford, #9 Ohio State (only one of these two), or #16 Indiana. I don't know how they seed the final four, but we wouldn't meet any of Clemson, Akron, Georgetown, Maryland, Carolina, etc. until at least the final four.

I can't remember exactly, but I feel like Final Four brackets are re-seeded/sorted once qualified. In other words, I don't think we'll automatically play the winner of the Georgetown bracket. Could be mis-remembering though.

All-in-all, a very favorable seeding for us. And deserved.

The bracket looks much, much more manageable as a whole than those posts/descriptions did (at least) to me:

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/soccer-men/d1

If I'm reading the bracket correctly, the toughest teams we might possibly meet before the final four are #8 Stanford, #9 Ohio State (only one of these two), or #16 Indiana. I don't know how they seed the final four, but we wouldn't meet any of Clemson, Akron, Georgetown, Maryland, Carolina, etc. until at least the final four.

I can't remember exactly, but I feel like Final Four brackets are re-seeded/sorted once qualified. In other words, I don't think we'll automatically play the winner of the Georgetown bracket. Could be mis-remembering though.

All-in-all, a very favorable seeding for us. And deserved.

1793015.png

You folks are going down. Soccer isn't even our main sport and where still better at it than you.

1793015.png

You folks are going down. Soccer isn't even our main sport and where still better at it than you.

Oh really? What would you consider the main sport for Charlotte? Just asking because soccer has been the only thing uncc is good at for years

Oh really? What would you consider the main sport for Charlotte? Just asking because soccer has been the only thing uncc is good at for years

If yo uwere paying attention AT ALL, instead of rubbing your cock against women in line at Subway, you'd know that we have a FOOTBALL team now and that FOOTBALL is the main sport. And when I say FOOTBALL, I mean good red-blooded AMERICAN FOOTBALL, not European or Spanish Football AKa Soccer. I don't want to get off track here, but have you noticed that Dicks Sporting Goods has jerseys for the Mexican soccer team in their store? What the Fuck is that about? Also, ESPN keeps showing us Mexican soccer scores too. But back to your stupid question. It's US Football (the main sport). But we're likely to kick your ass in soccer because we're good at that too and have been for a while like you said.

You would think that someone who went to Weak would undestand that we're rebuilding now in Basketball and pretty darned good for a Football tean that is just now starting to be a contender.

If yo uwere paying attention AT ALL, instead of rubbing your cock against women in line at Subway, you'd know that we have a FOOTBALL team now and that FOOTBALL is the main sport. And when I say FOOTBALL, I mean good red-blooded AMERICAN FOOTBALL, not European or Spanish Football AKa Soccer. I don't want to get off track here, but have you noticed that Dicks Sporting Goods has jerseys for the Mexican soccer team in their store? What the Fuck is that about? Also, ESPN keeps showing us Mexican soccer scores too. But back to your stupid question. It's US Football (the main sport). But we're likely to kick your ass in soccer because we're good at that too and have been for a while like you said.

You would think that someone who went to Weak would undestand that we're rebuilding now in Basketball and pretty darned good for a Football tean that is just now starting to be a contender.

HAHAHA you are too funny. I actually graduated from Charlotte. I cheer for them all the time EXCEPT when they play my Deacs (fan since birth so nothing will take that away)
Rebuilding in basketball means they freaking suck? yeah I know they do. Ive been to those games. They are never good in basketball so dont call that rebuilding.

I have a sinking suspicion that whichever team can run around the fastest the longest will emerge victorious.

HAHAHA you are too funny. I actually graduated from Charlotte. I cheer for them all the time EXCEPT when they play my Deacs (fan since birth so nothing will take that away)
Rebuilding in basketball means they freaking suck? yeah I know they do. Ive been to those games. They are never good in basketball so dont call that rebuilding.

What do you mean never good? Do the names Jobey Thomas and Diego Guevara and Mitchell Bittle-Baldwin and Eddie Basden mean nothing to you? Here's a trivia question for you, which team has been to the Final Four more recently, Wake Forest or UNCC (now known as Charlotte)?

The answer is UNCC by 15 years.

But anyway, more trivia. Which team has been to the finals of the College soccer championships most recently?

The answer is Charlotte again by about 7 years. And we lost our coach and have quickly returned to national prominence.

Yes I love deciding the national championship by penalty kicks after both teams going scoreless for regulation and three overtimes

What do you mean never good? Do the names Jobey Thomas and Diego Guevara and Mitchell Bittle-Baldwin and Eddie Basden mean nothing to you? Here's a trivia question for you, which team has been to the Final Four more recently, Wake Forest or UNCC (now known as Charlotte)?

The answer is UNCC by 15 years.

But anyway, more trivia. Which team has been to the finals of the College soccer championships most recently?

The answer is Charlotte again by about 7 years. And we lost our coach and have quickly returned to national prominence.

Wake lost their soccer coach last year and look how good they are doing with a brand new coach :dancindeac:

But seriously go find the radford because you still need to beat them first

Kickoff set for 1 PM. I was hoping for a night game, but I feel like we normally set Sunday games at 1 PM?

Ncaa charges for students to get in the game, but theyve been handing out tickets at the pit all morning. Bobby Muuss bought a couple hundred tickets himself to give to students so that we could get in free. Pretty freaking awesome if you ask me.

Radford at Charlotte tonight at 7:30. Anybody going that can give us a scouting report?

Ncaa charges for students to get in the game, but theyve been handing out tickets at the pit all morning. Bobby Muuss bought a couple hundred tickets himself to give to students so that we could get in free. Pretty freaking awesome if you ask me.

<3 <3 <3

Back