• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What ever happened to the Naz-T Deac???

NCDeac54

Reaction score
I am fairly new to the ogboards but one lingering question I have had all basketball season was, "What ever happened to the Naz-T Deac dancing at games?" I know he didn't dance this past yr and I am trying to remember if he danced the yr before. Just wondering if anyone had any answers. I hear a lot of people in the stands wondering about it too. Any insight would be great.

(I apologize if this subject has already been discussed, I did try and do a search before posting this thread in case that question has already been answered).

He works for the university now and probably can't do it with his new job.

He works for the university now and probably can't do it with his new job.

He does work for the DC, and has for a couple years now. Last I heard they hadn't outright banned him dancing, but the frequency has been cut way down. Given that he is usually entertaining either an existing donor or a potential donor at games, it's likely not to happen very often.

Plus dancing during a TO when you are down 23 at home probably loses some of its luster.

He does work for the DC, and has for a couple years now. Last I heard they hadn't outright banned him dancing, but the frequency has been cut way down. Given that he is usually entertaining either an existing donor or a potential donor at games, it's likely not to happen very often.

From the main stage to the champagne room.

It was time to put that tradition to bed. Fun for a few years, but it wore out its welcome.

He danced his ass off in a bucket hat in our lone ACC win in [Redacted]'s first year.

Unfortunately, this note that was found at Reynolda turned out to be a hoax and he took the job.

thankyou.jpg

Naz does work for the DC and has for the last couple of years. He has not been banned from dancing at games. In fact, there were plans for him to appear a couple of times this past season, but he did not because he had people in town and his responsibilities took priority. The point above that it is not as effective when we are trailing by double digits and the crowd is down (both in number and enthusiasm) was also a factor. Expect him to reappear next year at a few of the bigger games.

When you're playing well everyone laughs with the fan man dancing,
When you're playing poorly everyone laughs at the fan man dancing.

Naz does work for the DC and has for the last couple of years. He has not been banned from dancing at games. In fact, there were plans for him to appear a couple of times this past season, but he did not because he had people in town and his responsibilities took priority. The point above that it is not as effective when we are trailing by double digits and the crowd is down (both in number and enthusiasm) was also a factor. Expect him to reappear next year at a few of the bigger games.

Wo. Are you saying that buzz is out?? :thumbsup:

I was reading between the lines. Nazt only dances in close games. He will be dancing more next year, meaning more close games, which implies a coaching change, since bzz ain't coaching any close games.

The last four or five times I've seen him he's been in a suit and tie. It's a shame.

Back