• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Gift Did You Give That Someone Was Excited About?

I'm not sure anyone was over the moon about the gifts I gave them, although each was carefully planned for. Maybe I will be more
successful next year. I did receive some wonderful gifts, however: dinner at the Angus Barn; private dance lessons; bracelet; cologne. I gave a Christmas luncheon for a friend who was widowed this year. I think it pleased her a lot.

I'm going with my sister in March. Since I work from home I was ordered to get the tickets as soon as they went up for sale..

Yeah, I ordered them online right after they went on sale. My wife was clueless he was even coming so she was pretty excited.

Gave my parents and the in-laws an insulated coffee mug. You can put your own pictures in it, so wife and I put pictures of the grandparents with our son. My dad was ready to cry he was so happy and surprised. As my son gets older, they can put more recent pictures in it. Not expensive, but it is the gift that keeps on giving throughout the year.

Coolest gift exchanged in front of me this year was a guitar type stringed instrument from Turkey my girlfriends bro got his dad. He brought it back on the plane after visiting this summer.

Gave my parents and the in-laws an insulated coffee mug. You can put your own pictures in it, so wife and I put pictures of the grandparents with our son. My dad was ready to cry he was so happy and surprised. As my son gets older, they can put more recent pictures in it. Not expensive, but it is the gift that keeps on giving throughout the year.

Your dad cried over a plastic coffee mug with pictures?

I guess at least he isn't this dude:

My kid and wife loved their new IPhones. Especially the 15 year old daughter. Time to put the spy apps on it.

A cleaning lady at our office building has a degenerative condition in her neck, and her doctor told her she can't work full-time anymore. As a result, she's having a tough time paying the bills. So I (yeah, ME - I know, right?) took up a collection from my office which turned out to be really substantial, bless their hearts. The look on her face when we gave her the dough made my Christmas ...

A cleaning lady at our office building has a degenerative condition in her neck, and her doctor told her she can't work full-time anymore. As a result, she's having a tough time paying the bills. So I (yeah, ME - I know, right?) took up a collection from my office which turned out to be really substantial, bless their hearts. The look on her face when we gave her the dough made my Christmas ...
That's the Christmas spirit right there...

Got a friend a bottle of Bocardi 151. He seemed pretty excited.

Too many gagging beejays will really F up your work life expectancy.

Your dad cried over a plastic coffee mug with pictures?

I guess at least he isn't this dude:

No he didn't actually cry. Looked like he might. He gets emotional over things involving his first grandson, it's crazy.

Last edited:
Back