• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What if Administration just admitted it was guilty?

Mbadvisor

Reaction score
The networks go crazy over all of these "scandals." It has been going back to Nixon, Iran-Contra, Lewinsky, etc. What if the administration just admitted to everything? I know this will never happen, but all of this BS would end and we could go about our business. End of story?

Eventually THEY are all guilty, correct? Watergate lasted 2 years, Ollie North saved Reagan, Clinton was impeached.

No.

But I do anticipate Obama acknowledging that "mistakes were made" and figuring out what exactly happened.

Yeah he's going to work hard and continue to watch the news in order to figure this all out. If only the damn reporters would hurry up with the investigation O could figure this all out.

Would RJ admit they were guilty?

He might stroke out. Would have no ability to process the disagreement with the Admin, even if it was to defend them over their own objection.

If the Tea Party could guillotine Obama at the Lincoln Memorial, it still wouldn't be sufficient. Michelle would be next, followed by the kids, and eventually Jeremiah Wright's goldfish.

The networks go crazy over all of these "scandals." It has been going back to Nixon, Iran-Contra, Lewinsky, etc. What if the administration just admitted to everything? I know this will never happen, but all of this BS would end and we could go about our business. End of story?

If you read the investigations, they are guilty of nothing. I know you and the RWers here don't want to hear it, but there's clearly nothing there RE:Benghazi. In fact the only failings were when the GOP edited emails and force fed them to Jonathan Karl.

There is a massive IG report about the IRS. There has been no evidence of any Administration involvement.

As to the AP debacle, Holder recused himself. He had ZERO to do with anything.

From Inauguration night 2009, the GOP has been on a constant attack and witch hunt. The GOP in Congress has proven any shadow of a doubt they hate Obama and holder more than they love America.

The IRS thing is looking more like just what they are saying: a response to the massive influx of groups seeking tax-exempt status in the wake of Citizens United, the vast majority of which were right-leaning. Probably not not a great response by the IRS, but a link to this administration is nonexistent (at least from what Ive seen.)

How do we know the political leanings of the IRS folks involved? Are they all anti-Tea Party? certainly not

If you read the investigations, they are guilty of nothing. I know you and the RWers here don't want to hear it, but there's clearly nothing there RE:Benghazi. In fact the only failings were when the GOP edited emails and force fed them to Jonathan Karl.

There is a massive IG report about the IRS. There has been no evidence of any Administration involvement.

As to the AP debacle, Holder recused himself. He had ZERO to do with anything.

From Inauguration night 2009, the GOP has been on a constant attack and witch hunt. The GOP in Congress has proven any shadow of a doubt they hate Obama and holder more than they love America.

When the President and his campaign publish enemies list it is absurd to think that individuals working in the government would take that as a call to have government power focused on these individuals and groups. Obama is as pure as the driven snow in all this. Just because he, his campaign and other senior officials demonized their opponents he most certainly cannot be responsible because people who ultimately work for him abuse the government power they direct. That is absurd!

Thanks for the opportunity sorry I was tardy in responding.

Last edited:
How do we know the political leanings of the IRS folks involved? Are they all anti-Tea Party? certainly not

No they're not and this is what's key. In any government agency, from the DOD down to Commerce, EPA, or IRS, the rank-and-file personnel are just as politically divergent as the general public. Surprise- that's where they come from. There are plenty of right-wing Republican conservatives in the general ranks of the IRS. Only a fool believes otherwise. And a lot of those people are highly critical of what their agency does. Just as with any government branch. But the crucial thing to remember is that those employees are where the proverbial rubber meets the road. Regardless of what senior leadership and political appointees in an agency want to push as an agenda, the career workforce is where that happens. And in the case of the IRS, it is just as easy as someone with a chip on their shoulder making a few mouse clicks and fucking with someone. Fortunately, the Hatch Act governs a lot of politically-motivated actions but it's only as good as its enforcement and penalties. During Obama's administration, penalties for employees violating the Hatch Act were toughened specifically to reduce politically-motivated acts. But sometimes is it just as easy as someone having a bad day or resentful attitude to fuck something up.

When the President and his campaign publish enemies list it is absurd to think that individuals working in the government would take that as a call to have government power focused on these individuals and groups.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but you have to remember that, as I said above, there are plenty of government employees at all levels who do not like Obama and didn't vote for him. And if you think there aren't plenty of those kinds of people in the IRS, you're sorely mistaken. In any agency, there are lots of people who would do the opposite of what Obama wants just because they don't like him. Working for the government doesn't equate with supporting the politics of the current administration.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but you have to remember that, as I said above, there are plenty of government employees at all levels who do not like Obama and didn't vote for him. And if you think there aren't plenty of those kinds of people in the IRS, you're sorely mistaken. In any agency, there are lots of people who would do the opposite of what Obama wants just because they don't like him. Working for the government doesn't equate with supporting the politics of the current administration.

exactly. People (on both sides) intoxicate themselves with delusions of conspiracy around every corner.

Calm down and look at this shit rationally before busting a nut over a conspiracy.

Yeah, sarcastic. My new standard response when RJ makes the same administration talking points arguement again and again.

Yeah he's going to work hard and continue to watch the news in order to figure this all out. If only the damn reporters would hurry up with the investigation O could figure this all out.

Do you know why the media found out about this before Obama?

It would be like this:

vince-mcmahon-o.gif

Back