• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Is The Status of...

Deaconman

Reaction score
the offensive lineman who sat out this year because of a blood disorder. Name please.

Colin Summers. Don't know the status, but since we haven't heard anything, I bet he's done with football. Shame, I think he would've been a good one for us.

There was a report in September or October that Summers was making progress and could return in the Spring, but have not heard anything since. He had a great year in 2012, and unlike many of the current OL, he can run and cut block. Would be great to get him back.

There was a report in September or October that Summers was making progress and could return in the Spring, but have not heard anything since. He had a great year in 2012, and unlike many of the current OL, he can run and cut block. Would be great to get him back.

We have some buzzard luck with some promising OL recruits. Brodie Overstreet was another one that I think would've been really good, but had the deal with the detached retina and had to quit. There was another that developed chronic back issues that had to quit, I can't think of his name right now.

We have some buzzard luck with some promising OL recruits. Brodie Overstreet was another one that I think would've been really good, but had the deal with the detached retina and had to quit. There was another that developed chronic back issues that had to quit, I can't think of his name right now.[/QUOTE]

Dylan Heartsill

Still a chance that he will play in the fall; some important testing coming up soon.

WF has had some weird luck with o-linemen developing long-term injuries and disorders. There are the two guys mentioned above plus I remember a guy around 2005(?) that had an eye issue that prevented him from playing.

WF has had some weird luck with o-linemen developing long-term injuries and disorders. There are the two guys mentioned above plus I remember a guy around 2005(?) that had an eye issue that prevented him from playing.

Yeah, it was Brodie Overstreet. I mentioned him above.

Oh, oops.

He is a good guy. Remember talking to him a lot and he was devastated to not be able to play.

You know it, you spend those years since childhood playing football, get an FBS scholly and then have to quit because of something like that. It would suck.

You know it, you spend those years since childhood playing football, get an FBS scholly and then have to quit because of something like that. It would suck.

He was an absolute beast as well. Gosh it would have been great to have him. Mean guy on the field. Great guy off it. I remember at Clemson on our first drive he had a false start and Barclay ran up and grabbed him by the facemask to tell him not to do that. What a great shot of little Barclay grabbing Brodie's facemask.

Back