• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

what must the turnover margin be to win?

Jroc25

Reaction score
We forced 5 turnovers against Florida St, committed 0, and won by 5 points. I'm thinking we need to be +3 to win this game. Thoughts?

Plus two sounds about right. They are prone to turning over the ball so we have that going for us.

It's more important that we commit zero turnovers than forcing any. We have to keep the ball out of their hands and our defense on the sidelines.

That said, Notre Dame is second to last in the country in turnover ratio (T-118), so we should be able to get some takeaways, especially if they keep trying that swing pass. Wake is T-51 for the record.

It's more important that we commit zero turnovers than forcing any. We have to keep the ball out of their hands and our defense on the sidelines.

That said, Notre Dame is second to last in the country in turnover ratio (T-118), so we should be able to get some takeaways, especially if they keep trying that swing pass. Wake is T-51 for the record.

Would love to see Bud rip down a couple INTs and have a Phonz-like night

I disagree with the bold. If we don't force turnovers on D, we will give up 40 plus points and lose. Our defense is not good enough to stop an above-average or better offense without the benefit of turnovers.

I disagree with the bold. If we don't force turnovers on D, we will give up 40 plus points and lose. Our defense is not good enough to stop an above-average or better offense without the benefit of turnovers.

You can't go into a game hoping to get three turnovers. Wake's offense is good enough to stay on the field, not turn the ball over, and score points against Notre Dame's defense. We can keep up with them offensively, as long as we don't turn the ball over and give them extra possessions. Wake can win this game with both teams scoring in the mid-30's.

You can't go into a game hoping to get three turnovers. Wake's offense is good enough to stay on the field, not turn the ball over, and score points against Notre Dame's defense. We can keep up with them offensively, as long as we don't turn the ball over and give them extra possessions. Wake can win this game with both teams scoring in the mid-30's.

We had to get 5 turnovers from FSU to hold them to 30. I think we need three to win. I'm not sure about "hoping" to get turnovers. But we haven't beaten a good team this year without forcing turnovers.

ND turns it over. A bunch. For us to win, we need to capitalize on that. And we still may need to put up 40 to win.

The reason I bolded that sentence is more because of the following sentence. I think the keys to us winning this game is going to be (1) our offense taking care of the football by (2) having sound, lengthy drives that (3) keep our defense off the field for long stretches of time.

The reason I bolded that sentence is more because of the following sentence. I think the keys to us winning this game is going to be (1) our offense taking care of the football by (2) having sound, lengthy drives that (3) keep our defense off the field for long stretches of time.

We don't do that very well. Our offense is a quick strike offense, not a grind it out offense.

if camp hands the ball to the defense again im gonna punch him

Last edited:
We don't do that very well. Our offense is a quick strike offense, not a grind it out offense.

Yep. And haven't been for awhile.

That's fine too, as long as we score. We can't have empty posessions (3 and out, 5 and out, punting from our own 24 yard line) or turnovers and expect to have much of a chance of winning.

BTW, Wake turned the ball over five times last weekend, compared to Notre Dame's one.

That's fine too, as long as we score. We can't have empty posessions (3 and out, 5 and out, punting from our own 24 yard line) or turnovers and expect to have much of a chance of winning.

BTW, Wake turned the ball over five times last weekend, compared to Notre Dame's one.

Both games were abnormal.

Tanner threw as many interceptions against UNC as he did in the first 7 games of the season combined.

Back