• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What school would you rather replace Maryland with?

What school would you rather replace Maryland with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UGA, natural rival with GT, better chance at winning conference Football, on Atlantic coast, easier travel and decent academics. No brainer.

Let's punch back at the B1G and steal Penn State. They need a change of scenery anyways.

Actually, I really like that choice as well. Might help push ND into full membership.

Neither of these are bad choices, but I don't know that the timing is quite right to force ND's hand. Plug the hole with a school that can commit this week basically, then plan your move to either fill future gaps or move to 16.

The Green Bay Packers would be good, but they are in a small market.

Would like to have Penn State or another good name (Navy, G'Town)

Most likely we will take UConn

I was hoping for Rutgers over UConn for the NYC factor, among other reasons, before this announcement.

I was hoping for Rutgers over UConn for the NYC factor, among other reasons, before this announcement.

I still don't understand this NYC factor - who watches CFB in the city? And more importantly, who watches Rutgers anywhere?

The difference this time is I assume our newest member will have a huge input on who we can/will persue.

I still don't understand this NYC factor - who watches CFB in the city? And more importantly, who watches Rutgers anywhere?

Am I correct in understanding it's relatively irrelevant if people actually tune into a game? It's about the higher price BTN can attach to their programming that is likely part of a package. Ex. Comcast's extended sports packages includes BTN so I'm paying for BTN right, whether I'm watching the games or not?

Am I correct in understanding it's relatively irrelevant if people actually tune into a game? It's about the higher price BTN can attach to their programming that is likely part of a package. Ex. Comcast's extended sports packages includes BTN so I'm paying for BTN right, whether I'm watching the games or not?

I would certainly hope so. The only people who watch college football in NYC are transplants. There isn't a halfway decent football team in the NY-metro area.

This may be correct, and to be honest I do not know enough about it to really counter your point. But I do know that all cable companies out here already receive BTN, so I am not sure how adding a school relatively nearby increases the package. Furthermore, if that is the case, why didn't the ACC grap Rutgers earlier and go ahead and expand to 16?

Charlotte politely declines your invitation.

Dude, the correct answer is "Charlotte, much like its esteemed former coach Bobby Lutz, withdraws its name from consideration"

You are a terrible parody. You can't even get the obvious jokes right.

Back