• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What we should be hearing from our Coach - words from Roy

JimDuncan

Reaction score
Regardless of how you feel about Roy, I admire what he's saying about his own young team - this should be our attitude - not lame "Tuesday's their toughest academic day blah blah"

From ESPN Pick and Roll blog:
http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/page/notebookweeklywatch130203/pick-n-roll

"Instead of more "learning experiences," he (Williams) said recently, he's ready for his squad to start playing to its potential. "I get tired of that," he said. "The game's basketball, they have a damn scoreboard, that's what you've got to learn by. "Early in the season, I can understand that; early in the season, you learn. But we've played 19 or 20 games, and I'm tired of learning. I want some results."

Regardless of how you feel about Roy, I admire what he's saying about his own young team - this should be our attitude - not lame "Tuesday's their toughest academic day blah blah"

"Instead of more "learning experiences," he (Williams) said recently, he's ready for his squad to start playing to its potential. "I get tired of that," he said. "The game's basketball, they have a damn scoreboard, that's what you've got to learn by. "Early in the season, I can understand that; early in the season, you learn. But we've played 19 or 20 games, and I'm tired of learning. I want some results."

If BZ said that, he would be roasted for throwing the players under the bus.

If BZ said that, he would be roasted for throwing the players under the bus.

Because of his reputation...probably. But there's a difference in what Williams is doing here...and our own Jim Grobe has been known to use the player call-out as a motivator/attention getter. What they're doing is different from just making excuses and blaming the players.

Bz has the miserable passive/aggressive reply down to an art. The non-answer/answer/"go ask them" approach he has used. It's the opposite of "losing is not an option, cuz I hate losing"

Roy can say whatever he wants he has one 2 national championships, he understands what his job is and it is to win. He talking about 19 games and his team will be in the NCAA tournament. Bzz has stunk for 3 years but wake is improving? BS, I wish Roy was the coach at Wake, hell I would take Hubert Davis.

This is what we should be hearing from our coach...."I resign".

Guess what, our players are playing to their potential. This is how good they are.

Back