• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where is the best place to buy Sports Tickets.

Deacon511

Reaction score
Planning a baseball Vacation in August. 2 games in Fenway (Yanks v Sox) 1 game in Yankee Stadium 1 game in Camden Yards I game in Philly. The most expensive tix will be the Yanks/Sox tickets (500-700 a game for 3 tix). I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with buying tickets in other places other than Stub Hub or is Stub Hub the best

Also for those that have been to Fenway Park where is a good place to sit and watch a game.

Last edited:
Yanks/sox tix are not worth the mark-up and this is from a yankees fan

Yanks/sox tix are not worth the mark-up and this is from a yankees fan

I agree but my 12 yr old is HUGE Red Sox fan. He watches everygame and this hopefully will be something he will always remember.

You can probably get a better deal on Ebay than Stubhub. I actually just sold 4 tickets to the Sox Yankees Aug 6 game through Ebay. Too bad you didn't post this a couple weeks ago! Just make sure the seller has really good ebay ratings. Try to find some tickets that are best offer and make some low but not unreasonable offers and you may get lucky.

3 tickets may be a little bit hard to find since it's an odd number.

Craigslist for sale by owner.

I've used it numerous times for tickets and have yet to get ripped off or robbed. Prices are almost always less than stubhub. Little more risk involved, but I have yet to be robbed or ripped off.

Fall of '99 , my dad, uncle and I went to Red Sox-Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Pedro pitched a masterpiece for the Sox, striking out 17 and only giving up one hit. Next day it was Wake vs. Army at Michie Stadium. Deacs win to start a season that ended in Aloha Bowl stomping on ASU.

That week, SI had named Yankee Stadium 1st on their ranking the greatest sports venues in USA and Michie Stadium was 3rd on the same list.

Craigslist for sale by owner.

I've used it numerous times for tickets and have yet to get ripped off or robbed. Prices are almost always less than stubhub. Little more risk involved, but I have yet to be robbed or ripped off.

I've done very well on a few big games w/ Craigslist in NYC... Just plan on emailing back and forth with sellers a couple of times and letting your instincts do the work from there.

I've used Craigslist quite a bit, including for the NBA Finals. Between Craigslist and eBay, always gotten a much better deal than StubHub.

stub hub is the safest. craiglist can be the best deal for high demand games. For low demand games you can get some great deals on stub hub, especially baseball games. I also like using seatgeek.com It gives me a good idea on what is available on a bunch of different sites.

Back