• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Whitlock's Pro Day

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
Whitlock Impresses Scouts at Pro Day

43 reps at 225 pounds. Good lord. Learned three new positions and caught every pass thrown at him in shit weather.

"I don't know whether or not I'll be drafted," said Whitlock. "I just need to get my foot in the door and I will work hard and excel. Everything else will take care of itself."

I love this kid so much. I will never forget going to West Point for the first time and watching him dismantle Army. He may never make it in the NFL but it won't be for a lack of effort.

Nice. Kid's a beast on the bench. He'll land a spot as a LB in a 3-4 scheme somewhere.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I don't have the stats but how many players in the combine did 43 reps? That's insane.

He was probably pissed he didn't do 50.

This is DL only

Kaleb Ramsey, Boston College (36)

Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh (35)

Ryan Carrethers, Arkansas State (32)

Ra’Shede Hageman, Minnesota (32)

Robert Thomas, Arkansas (32)

Tenny Palepoi, Utah (31)

Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame (31)

Kerry Wynn, Richmond (31)

Eathyn Manumaleuna, BYU (29)

IK Enemkpali, Louisiana Tech (28)

Zachariah Kerr, Delaware (28)

Chris Smith, Arkansas (28)

Khyri Thornton, Southern Miss (28)

Timmy Jernigan, Florida St. (27)

Daniel McCullers, Tennessee (27)

Kelcy Quarles, South Carolina (27)

Jason Bromley, Syracuse (26)

Dominique Easley, Florida (26)

James Gayle, Virginia Tech (26)

Justin Ellis, Louisiana Tech (25)

DaQuan Jones, Penn St. (25)

Shamar Stephen, Connecticut (25)

Deandre Coleman, California (24)

Scott Crichton, Oregon St. (24)

Ego Ferguson, LSU (24)

Will Sutton, Arizona State (24)

Zach Moore, Concordia (MN) (23)

Mike Pennel, Colorado State-Pueblo (23)

Marcus Smith, Louisville (23)

Will Clarke, West Virginia (22)

Kony Ealy, Missouri (22)

Kareeem Martin, North Carolina (22)

Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina (21)

Taylor Hart, Oregon (21)

Howard Jones, Shepherd (21)

Josh Mauro, Stanford (21)

Jonathan Newsome, Ball St. (21)

Kerry Hyder, Texas Tech (20)

Anthony Johnson, LSU (20)

Demarcus Lawrence, Boise St. (20)

Caraun Reid, Princeton (20)

Kasim Edebali, Boston College (19)

Ethan Westbrooks, West Texas A&M (19)

Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas (18)

Aaron Lynch, South Florida (18)

George Uko, USC (18)

Tevin Mims, South Florida (17)

Michael Sam, Missouri (17)

Larry Webster, Bloomsburg (17)

Cassius Marsh, UCLA (14)

Dee Ford, Auburn (-)

Louis Nix, Notre Dame (-)

Jeoffrey Pagan, Alabama (-)

Ed Stinson, Alabama (-)

Brent Urban, Virginia (-)

Chris Whaley, Texas (-)

Russell Bodine (OL, UNC) was overall highest at 42. Next overall was 36.

Any reason why he couldn't be a situational pass rushing DE?

As much as I hate to admit it, I could see him fitting in with a DC like Dick LeBeau, playing that 3-4 and getting reps on LB blitz packages.

He is the same size as Elvis Duberville. A little smaller than Robert Mathis and Drake Nevis. I look at him as a Dan Klecko clone. Dan was a DL at Temple, Played LB for the Pats and was the short yardage FB too. Belichick likes players that can play multiple roles. He'll probably end up in New England, it would be the perfect spot.

Any chance he wants to coach basketball at Wake?

He is the same size as Elvis Duberville. A little smaller than Robert Mathis and Drake Nevis. I look at him as a Dan Klecko clone. Dan was a DL at Temple, Played LB for the Pats and was the short yardage FB too. Belichick likes players that can play multiple roles. He'll probably end up in New England, it would be the perfect spot.

Love the Dumerville comparison. Only Nikita is a lot bigger and stronger but maybe not as fast. Still, I could see a team like Baltimore picking him up as a URFA and using him in, wait for it, every situation. Turn on the tape. What does Nikita do? Penetrate against double teams every time. He can crash the pocket or can knife into the backfield on a running play. He is so small that he can see the running play as it's happening. You put Nikita in there along with hole pluggers Ngata and Canty, speed/power rushers such as Suggs, Upshaw and Dumerville, Nikita could really excel because he would never be double teamed. They might even be dumb enough to let the fullback try to block him. Poor fella would be in for a big surprise.

I know that's high praise but Nikita has about as much NFL potential as I've ever seen from a heart and hustle standpoint. Give him a chance and will give 200% every second. Teams have already noticed.

So much a Chicago Bear.

*Dumervil

Really hope Nikita makes it. See him starting out as a special teams beast before getting some reps at LB.

Teams think out of the box more, and Whitlock's on the field performance and pro day numbers are so outstanding that I think that Whitlock gets drafted and not a UFA.

Sounds like the Seahawks, among the others mentioned, really like the looks of him.

I bet there are several teams hoping he's around during the "flier" rounds of the draft. Not a Pats fan, but agree with those saying Belichick finds uses for guys like this.

Back