• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who else did Ron Wellman hire in the AD?

Sorry but this puts the [Redacted] hire/situation on page 6. How the utter fuck does the Wake administration even remotely begin to justify this??
Dude this is where I’m at. Damn pot and booze, what he is accused of ruins family’s lives. These are 401k’s and pensions were talking about…in your own community? Here I was laughing at the notion that they had reports showing Donations were not down and attendance was up…then again I never met the book keeper.

"Randy, could you maybe add a few 0's to these accounts? We have some bills to pay."

-Ron

This is actually something that sticks. What a ridiculous hire.

So much for the culture argument, Ron. You just hired a legitimate criminal! Thanks for giving us Buzz/WellmanOuters more ammunition to play with.

Do what now? We've gone and done what?

We're the gift that keeps on giving!

Does anyone know exactly when this hire was made? And is it SOP to send out some kind of press release for hires at this level or was Wake hoping to slide this one under the door while no one was looking?

May 2012 is indeed his starting month according to his own LinkedIn

Summary

Prior to becoming a finance/accounting consultant for firms in various industries, I was a Career Counselor at the Babcock School at Wake Forest University, I worked for Price Waterhouse as an Auditor from 1987 to 1993 and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts,Inc. from 1993 to 2004 in a variety of financial roles, including senior financial roles. In April 2011 I joined The Variable in Winston-Salem as CFO. In May 2012, I began work as Interim Associate AD - Finance for Wake Forest Athletics.

Specialties:Understanding of capital raising process for public and private entities; banking relationships and negotiations; financial modeling; financial analysis, accounting.

Developed expertise for small business consulting including QuickBooks and day-to-day accounting/banking/finance operations.

[h=4]Associate AD - Finance - WF Athletics[/h][h=5]Wake Forest University[/h]May 2012 – Present (1 year 2 months)Winston-Salem, NC

www.linkedin.com/pub/randy-casstevens/1/32a/61b

Jesus. An entire year slides by and we, the self-appointed know-it-alls about things-WF, had no clue until now? Wait until the Dukes, NC States, and UNCs find out.

The big time donors and BOT have to be made aware of this hire (if they haven't been already). Just unbelievable.

Jesus. An entire year slides by and we, the self-appointed know-it-alls about things-WF, had no clue until now? Wait until the Dukes, NC States, and UNCs find out.

I hope they roast our entire Ath Dept. #ScorchedEarth

Looks like Wake will have a very good financial year despite being last in the Directors Cup for three straight years...at least on paper.

I know you read here Dan Collins. Time to go ask some tough questions.

All jokes aside, Wellman really should get fired if he hired this guy in any role that involves the finances of the Deacon Club. From all appearances, it seems that is exactly what he did.

How did the Scout AD board spin this hire?

The only spin I saw was from Deacfan01 (monkey playing guitar avatar)

“Lets jump on anything that might possibly be, in some small way, hopefully, Ron Wellmans fault. Good job again!”

Someone else tried to debunk it as Casstevens as some sort of Patsy, but that is really hard to swallow when he was the presiding CFO over investigations concerning accounting fraud…fraud that resulted in 13 mil in enrichment as primary beneficiary…fraud that resulted in the loss of his CPA license (he might have been reinstated as of today).

Honestly, I am all the way Bzzout Wellmanout, but I am really hoping there is more to this story then what is plainly in front of me. I hope this isn’t true. Because if it is, it is the most loaded statement concerning the priorities of Wake leadership that have been made in quite sometime.

Sorry but this puts the [Redacted] hire/situation on page 6. How the utter fuck does the Wake administration even remotely begin to justify this??

81 Deac had this to say:

I don't know who's right or wrong on this, but this is just another illustration of what has run amok on here and how disgusting it is to see how some of the anti-Bz and anti-Wellman crowd does things.

Newbie poster shows up with anonymous posts about some new thing that Wellman has done. (Incidentally, taking down another guy in the process - but the goal is to take own Wellman. Anonymously, of course).

Other anti-Bz and anti-Wellman chimes in as if it's all gospel.

And people are embarrassed that we'd hire a guy with an SEC incident in his past? How about being embarrassed by some fellow Deac fans?

He’s becoming borderline incoherent though.

Haha, Wake Forest Sports just posted a doughnut-related trivia question on its Facebook page. Casstevens jokes time?

This assclown of an AD has been preaching culture, class, and "winning the right way" for four years and NOW we learn he's had a guy who it appears barely skirted federal prison as his bean counter for over a year.
Fuck you, Ron!

I'll defer to deacVision, but rock bottom may be in sight.

This assclown of an AD has been preaching culture, class, and "winning the right way" for four years and NOW we learn he's had a guy who it appears barely skirted federal prison as his bean counter for over a year.
Fuck you, Ron!

I'll defer to deacVision, but rock bottom may be in sight.

don't get it twisted..in todays climate if he did the exact same thing, his fine could be upwards to 20 times more and he would be behind bars. from what I have read thus far, it's not off base to label Mr. Casstevens a thief and a crook.

81 Deac had this to say:

I don't know who's right or wrong on this, but this is just another illustration of what has run amok on here and how disgusting it is to see how some of the anti-Bz and anti-Wellman crowd does things.

Newbie poster shows up with anonymous posts about some new thing that Wellman has done. (Incidentally, taking down another guy in the process - but the goal is to take own Wellman. Anonymously, of course).

Other anti-Bz and anti-Wellman chimes in as if it's all gospel.

And people are embarrassed that we'd hire a guy with an SEC incident in his past? How about being embarrassed by some fellow Deac fans?

He’s becoming borderline incoherent though.

I respect 81 but fuck him. He's lost it off the goddamned deep end. There's embarrassment of fellow Deac fans alright. I do not doubt for a millisecond that 81 loves Wake but he's lost perspective of people hired as employees for Wake who've taken us off track.

This Casstevens thread and comments like 81's have made me so ill feeling that I just don't even want to read this board, read WF news, or give a shit anymore. Yup- the terrorists win, as people love to hyperbolize. We've let a guy who never spent a second in a classroom at Wake- a bunch of guys actually- take the thing we call Mother So Dear- OUR alma mater- into the fucking toilet and we'd rather take shots at each other than recognize that these people are invested in Wake only as far as their paycheck goes. We'd rather shit on fellow alumni- people we goddamned well know live and die for Wake; people we've tailgated and shared drinks and good times with; for the sake of these non-performing dipshits. Good job, 81. Good fucking job.

I'm opening a bottle of John Powers and saying "fuck it."

Last edited:
Back