• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is our Bill Walton?

7dimes

Reaction score
All season long Walton ranted about Howland and how pathetic the atmosphere around UCLA basketball is. Even Reggie Miller has acknowledged that when a player who has meant so much to a program stands up and asks for better, the administration has to respond.

Who could be our Walton? We need a spokesperson. Duncan? Muggsy? There must be some former players who think what is happening to Wake is awful. CP3 probably won't criticize Wake right after his jersey retirement.

Childress? That would be pretty awkward. Not happening this year. Bzz is back.

Have to imagine CP3 has the most pull, though I'd be shocked if he ever voiced such opinions publicly.

Duncan, I guess, since it was said he was not happy when Odom was let go, but he is so quiet I doubt he would say anything. The majority Wake alums are just so complacent, afraid to upset the status quo, and I doubt anyone will say anything as Wellman destroys out basketball program.

TARON DOWNEY.

I heard he HATES [Redacted].

You guys have this all wrong. Harry Giles is our Bill Walton, who will lead us to back to back titles under Mr. and Mrs. Enfield (our John Wooden). This thread should be started again in about the year 2045, when Giles will be complaining about our four year final four drought and demand that we bring in former Wake legend Chris Paul, Jr., who is already making waves in the coaching world.

You guys have this all wrong. Harry Giles is our Bill Walton, who will lead us to back to back titles under Mr. and Mrs. Enfield (our John Wooden). This thread should be started again in about the year 2045, when Giles will be complaining about our four year final four drought and demand that we bring in former Wake legend Chris Paul, Jr., who is already making waves in the coaching world.

I like your thinking!

I suspect that if Chill went privately to RW with a serious objection to the present coaching situation, he would have a major influence. If he did it publicly, however, he would be finished at WF.

I suspect that if Chill went privately to RW with a serious objection to the present coaching situation, he would have a major influence. If he did it publicly, however, he would be finished at WF.

I don't think either scenario would work out well

The chain of command.

Back