• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who was your favorite player to transfer out of Wake

Favorite Demon Deacon to transfer

• Kevin Swinton

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Anthony Gurley

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Shamaine Dukes

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • JT Terrell

Votes: 28 12.6%
  • Ari Stewart

• Tony Woods

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Jamie Skeen

Votes: 108 48.4%
  • Loren Woods

• Other

Votes: 32 14.3%

• Total voters

DemonDeaconz

Reaction score
I chose Swinton because I was I liked his game. I was a big Shamaine Dukes fan as well

Jamie Skeen using some revisionist history, because I KNEW he would be good, winks

So many to choose from.

This is going old school, but I've maintained that Todd May was a huge transfer loss and our biggest "what if?" How much of a loss? I think he would have made a solid case for all-conference 3rd team the year he transferred (soph) and would have made 1st team before he was done. Nice guy too, but just not ready for the bright lights of the big city, so to speak.

A close 2nd is Anthony Gurley, a fantastic young man who would be a plus for anyone's "culture". He disappointed on the court at Wake, but he became a solid contributor to UMass and is getting paid to play now.

Charlie Thomas...to New Mexico. Dude could play. Known in Deacon history as the guy who got the technical in the ACC Tournament for hanging on the rim to avoid landing on Warren Martin's pea head. Hate it when he transferred.

Lived with Ish, LD, and Skeen one summer. Jamie was a quiet dude and quite possibly the most jacked basketball player I've ever seen.

Shamaine Dukes. Met the guy, he was pretty nice. Kinda felt bad for him as no matter who it was the PG to follow Chris Paul was doomed to fail. Skeen was the guy I probably was most sorry to see go though.

I had an introduction to film class with Skeen once. we were sitting in an auditorium with movie-style seats (Carswell?) and he had no knee room at all. the professor said he should move to a row on the wings where the seats weren't as close. he moved over there, sat down, and I heard him exclaim to himself, "how spacious..."

I got a kick out of it at least. seemed like a good kid.

Robert Doggett and Bobby Fitzgibbons. Doggett had talent, but trouble with academics. I shared a class with Bobby Fitzgibbons and he was a really cool guy to talk to.

Charlie Thomas is probably the right answer for biggest loss. Todd May is a good choice, too. I don't remember Sylvester Charles (otherwise known as "Sly cheese" cause all he ate was grilled cheese) transferring out - did he?

I voted for Gurley. He had great lift on his jumper but was lost in the Wake system. He's making money in Hungary these days. Good kid.

Back