• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will average the most minutes next year out of our centers?

Who averages the most minutes at the 5 next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We will get absolutely murdered on the boards if Dinos is our big on the court. The only way it could work and Wake win games is if Donovan makes a quantum leap.

Why do you say this? Dinos was our second leading rebounder after JC last year at 6.1rpg in just over 24mpg? He certainly is not an athletic guy but gets position well and uses his body to ward off more athletic guys.

I can honestly say I have no idea who will get the most minutes of the 3.

Interesting topic, but I'm not sure how anyone can say they know the answer with confidence.

Having said all that, and looking at last year's game log, I see no reason why it isn't Doral Moore's job to lose.

Aside from not logging a minute in the last 2 games, Moore played more than SJM all season long. And even in those last 2 games, SJM had a DNP and then played 2 minutes against KState.

Due to foul issues and conditioning, I can't envision a scenario where any of the 3 play 20mpg.

Complete shot in the dark, but give me:
Doral Moore - 15
SJM - 12
Olivier Sarr - 8

Small ball the rest of the way, with Dinos at the 5... Because Dinos is going to have to play between 25-28mpg (up from 24.6, 23.8, 22.3 in his first 3 seasons).

One thing you can count on w/ Manning is weird lineups at times.

Moore will see the most minutes among Moore, Sam, and Sarr. Dinos will log the most minutes at the 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as of the roster right now, who do you foresee playing 4 when Dino isn't?

I honestly think our best option against most teams, especially early on, is to go 4 guards with Brown as the nominal 4. I'm expecting big improvement and about 15 minutes a game from Mitchell as well. I still think Dinos will spend about half his time at the 4 I just think he will get the most minutes at the 5 of all our centers. I hope I'm wrong and that SJM can give us 20 min a game but I wouldn't bet on it.

We will get absolutely murdered on the boards if Dinos is our big on the court. The only way it could work and Wake win games is if Donovan makes a quantum leap.

Dinos is a better rebounder than he gets credit for, especially on the defensive end. I think he gets his shooting back (putting on that much bulk clearly hurt his shot) and picks his spots in the post when he's at the 4 and matched up with smaller players.

Based on what I have seen SJM is the most prepared. His hold back is really just physical quickness. Doral has to actually really improve as a basketball player but has the physical tools. I really like the Frenchman, but think he will follow a similar plan to Doral and SJM with regards to minutes played. He will sit a lot early, and then if he is ready, will get minutes in the 2nd half of the season.

SJM clearly moved ahead of Moore at the end of last year. Whether or not that continues is the big question.

SJM clearly moved ahead of Moore at the end of last year. Whether or not that continues is the big question.

But did he really?

I thought so, too, but the box scores don't really support that.

Last 7 games of the year (@Duke, PITT, LVILLE, @VT, BC, VT, KSU):
Doral: 7, 6, 5, 2, 3, DNP, DNP
SJM: DNP, DNP, 8, DNP, 1, DNP, 2

Apologies for formatting, but you get the point. Tough to draw anything from that, aside from Manning going smaller and only playing 7-8 guys down the stretch.

People are putting ALOT of stock in one 8 minute spot duty stretch for SJM vs UL where he played passable D and was no offensive threat at all.

Moore looked terrible as the year progressed last year, but his freshman play was far superior to anything I saw out of SJM last year. I think his ceiling is quite a bit higher.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm almost certain this is Doral's job to lose. He'll be a Jr., he has showed that he has crazy athletic upside and, at times, he has showcased a smooth baby hook. It's hard to get in any kind of rhythm when you've played <5mpg his first two years. Remember, he was behind Senior year Devin as a Frosh and All American Collins last year.

Danny is going to putting A LOT of focus on Doral this off season and I anticipate it paying off. Having said that, I fully expect to get some nice minutes out of SJM and potentially Sarr, if he can fill out.

It's not just that production. First things first, his D in the Louisville game was much more than passable in my opinion. He is way more coordinated than Moore and seems to have a broader offensive skill set that is a direct result of his coordination being much greater. He also sets great screens (we all know Moore does not) which fits our offensive scheme. Another year with manning under his belt could see a huge rise in SJM's offensive skill set and his defense already seems better than Moore imo.
Moore seems to not know how big he is. That's where all his fouls come from. I cannot see Moore ever being anything more than catching lobs and dunking near the basket when his defender leaves him. SJMs potential is much higher and I think he catches up with that potential next year.

It's not just that production. First things first, his D in the Louisville game was much more than passable in my opinion. He is way more coordinated than Moore and seems to have a broader offensive skill set that is a direct result of his coordination being much greater. He also sets great screens (we all know Moore does not) which fits our offensive scheme. Another year with manning under his belt could see a huge rise in SJM's offensive skill set and his defense already seems better than Moore imo.
Moore seems to not know how big he is. That's where all his fouls come from. I cannot see Moore ever being anything more than catching lobs and dunking near the basket when his defender leaves him. SJMs potential is much higher and I think he catches up with that potential next year.

Good post until the bold part. That's simply not true.

SJM didn't score a point in his last 11 appearances last year, and he has a better offensive skillset than a player who had a 5 game run as a frosh where he scored 46 points and grabbed 27 boards against ACC comp?

Good post until the bold part. That's simply not true.

Good point, I was thinking more of at this point in their careers I see SJM being better than Moore sooner (and probably have a better overall career). Definitely could have found a better way to say that. Thanks for pointing that out

I have no idea who will get the most minutes, points or rebounds, but I am expecting significant improvement from Moore and SJM.
They'll both have another offseason for S&C as well as tutoring from Danny.
I know we can't make a direct comparison, but look at the improvement of JC this past year. If we get half that improvement with these 2 centers, we'll be in decent shape

SJM didn't score a point in his last 11 appearances last year, and he has a better offensive skillset than a player who had a 5 game run as a frosh where he scored 46 points and grabbed 27 boards against ACC comp?

How many of those points did he actually create for himself? No one knew who he was and what he was capable of so he got a ton of lobs that year and put backs. He severely regressed this year. From memory, I can think of possibly 10 points total in his career that he caught the ball in the post, made a move, and scored like a big man should be able to.

If we're just talking feeding the post and exhibiting a drop step and hook I'm choosing Sam every time.

Obviously Doral is more useful for Bryant/Chill to throw lobs if he can execute a pick and roll correctly without fouling.

Moore and Sarr seem like guys who are better suited to a fast-paced offense that gets up and down the floor... Lobs, put-backs, and transition finishes.

SJM, at this point, seems like a craftier, back-to-the-basket type scorer.

We are a team that wants to run. Another reason why I think Moore starts. But, as I'm sure I've said 100 times, fouls are going to give all 3 of them an opportunity get on the floor.

Maybe SJM does have a better back to the basket game. I was at a party the night of the Xavier game so I missed 3 of his 5 FGs on the year.

Back