• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will be our QB in 2024? or Hank Bachmeier (BSU/LT) is a Deac!

I was always under the impression that Brett was supposed to be significantly better. It’s why that transfer surprised me at the time.
Brett didn't want to be only one year behind Mitch.

I hope the QB race is a good one and it’s a matter of who is best of out some good options, but I’m pulling for Kern to be the guy. Wish he’d been the guy from game one this year and I think we’d be looking forward to a bowl game. I wish Mitch the best, really good kid and it’s not his fault, I’m sure he was trying as hard as he could. Sometimes things just don’t work out.

Kern coming back to continue his reign of being the ping pong champion at the McCreary football complex!

All jokes aside thank goodness, but like previously said we don’t deserve him. It’s a shame he wasn’t given first team reps leading up to the season and during the season. What clawson saw In Griffis I will honestly never know.

Idk if it's been said here but in the brief interactions that I and others have had with Kern, he is just the nicest dude. Deserves the world
Yep, I met him at Putters. Literally the nicest human being I've ever spoke to. And nice in a non-douchy way...Not pretentious or fake at all. Like a cool ass, nice guy.

Griffis v. Kern: Head coaches of a certain type can get distracted by features of their players’ personality.

for anyone interested, here are the highlights from the state playoff game that hecklinski (#12 in white) played in this weekend:

The opposing quarterback in that video is committed to Southern Cal in 2026.

Now if the Lord could just give us the necessary blockers.
About three future NFL caliber O-line guys so whomever the QB is gets all day to pick out his receivers.

Wake QBs need more "rocking chair" downs. Those are downs during which the protection is so good the QB could be sitting in a rocking chair and not get bothered.

Back