• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why arent Webb Simpson and Bill Hass playing in Arnie's tourney?

Goolsbyrules

Reaction score
What is the deal here? I thought no one refused the King. Are they hurt?

Was wondering the same. Don't think either one is hurt as both played last week. Also, I think that Bill and Webb have always played in Arnie's tourney in the past.

Odd.

They probably skipped it in anticipation they'd be getting drunk celebrating Bzzz's firing....I mean resignation.

They are pacing themselves. They don't need the money. Plus, Webb might have missed the cut.

Just a shitty part of the schedule coming off match play Honda doral and Augusta in a few weeks. It's awkward timing for many. Plus bay hill is a silly course

Just a shitty part of the schedule coming off match play Honda doral and Augusta in a few weeks. It's awkward timing for many. Plus bay hill is a silly course

This. The high profile guys can't play every week, and unfortunately there are more world ranking points at the WGC events and Honda.

That is certainly true, but it's still "Mr. Palmer's" tournament. And Bay Hill is certainly a better course than Doral and that crap course they play the Honda at.

Times have certainly changed.

Did either (or both) of those guys go to WF on an Arnold Palmer scholarship?

"Sonny, Sonny. Webb & Bill don't have to show Arnie no stinkin' respect!"

If it was an annual slight, I'd be upset about it.

Did either (or both) of those guys go to WF on an Arnold Palmer scholarship?

"Sonny, Sonny. Webb & Bill don't have to show Arnie no stinkin' respect!"

Yeah it just thought as a Wake golfer, if it is Arnies tourney you play.

When the match play gets moved, Bay Hill might be more desirable. Granted, Arnie is 83...

Hello there,

Astute, super duper question. I was wondering about this too. Bill Haas and whoever the hell the other guy is should play in Arnie's tourney because Arnie is a golfer and he went to Wake Forest, so they need to respect him. Just like I went to Wake Forest and fought in the war against Hitler and Hirohito, so then all you guys surely followed my lead by fighting in various wars against various legendary villains and you bravely battled to spread our values across the globe. Just like Bill should do for Arnie, you guys did for myself and my brethren. So it is a very fair question and a very fair point. Why is this young generation of "golfers" such a bunch of disrespectful dweebs, when you internet posters are so perfectly reverential to the great men who came before you? I guess, "GoolsbyRules", the only thing I can tell you is that you should wipe off your prosthetics that you earned in the war, and just be happy you're not like those daggum golf pros. God bless you.

Best Wishes,

ProudDeacon1948

Arnold Palmer gets a great field at his tournament. He knows Webb and Bill and isn't sweating their absence. They have their reasons. It's not the Wake Forest Invitational at Bay Hill.

It sucks for Arnie that Tiger's "injury" acted up. Tiger needs to go see that Dr. who did his blood spinning and absolutely 100% didn't give him steroids. No way.

Was wondering the same. Don't think either one is hurt as both played last week. Also, I think that Bill and Webb have always played in Arnie's tourney in the past.

Odd.

Since the season actually started in October, there have already been 18 events or something like that I was reading so the old way of doing things is out the window. Nesides Tiger being hurt, Phil is not playing & Jason Day has a hurt thumb. I believe only 1 of the current Top 10 are in this event. Weird, but I gues they are now pacing themselves and getting ready for the Masters and summer play a different way with the season having an "official" earlier end and the "new" season starting in October. Somebody named Jimmy Walker has 3 official wins for the 2014 tour season and has already won $3.8 mill.

Bump. Wondered the same thing. It is tough to fit all the events pre-Masters, but it is surprising they skipped this event. Were both on Arnie's scholarship? I know Haas was.

Back