• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why does every other dry cleaners suck?

SkyDivingDeacon

Reaction score
Seriously, I haven't found a dry cleaners anywhere that gets half-way consistent or good reviews. The one that I've been using for the last two years just destroyed about $600 worth of shit that I dropped off and isn't going to pay for it, thus inspiring this thread

best dry cleaners in CLT by bill spoons on south blvd. tell em rubbins sent you been going for decades and they rock

Sounds like every dry cleaner sucks, not every other one.

All jokes aside though, finding a good dry cleaner is essential

i've found one that i really, really like (and it helps that they're super close to my house). but i'm scared to take my clothes to anybody else. i agree that finding a good dry cleaner is essential, and once you find a good one, never, ever, let go.

FTR, dry cleaners are one of those things where, if they do a good job, you don't necessarily notice (like you wouldn't go online and write a review if nothing went wrong). so i'm not sure i would be looking up online reviews to try to find a good dry cleaners. the ONLY people writing reviews are those that are pissed off. do you have friends near either your work or your home who could give a good recommendation?

Wrinkle free suits and pants?

leisurebirth.jpg

i've found one that i really, really like (and it helps that they're super close to my house). but i'm scared to take my clothes to anybody else. i agree that finding a good dry cleaner is essential, and once you find a good one, never, ever, let go.

FTR, dry cleaners are one of those things where, if they do a good job, you don't necessarily notice (like you wouldn't go online and write a review if nothing went wrong). so i'm not sure i would be looking up online reviews to try to find a good dry cleaners. the ONLY people writing reviews are those that are pissed off. do you have friends near either your work or your home who could give a good recommendation?

This is very true. And yeah, the dry cleaners that just ruined a $600 Boss Suit is the one my family has been going to for years. And ruined, means ruined. They clearly used some kind of chemical that didn't react very well with the suit material. Suit jacket and pants have crazy blue lines and burned-wrinkly looking spots on them now. I'll save it for my two-face outfit this October. I bet Harvey Dent wore Boss Suits

There's nothing better than having one of your suits get destroyed, because that's one less suit that they can bury you in. And if you really want to be walking around wearing the same clothes as your future corpse, then you got bigger problems than finding a new dry cleaner, my friend.

Yeah, for the most part. I wear suits a few times a week and haven't dry-cleaned any of them in years. You just need a decent steamer (non-cleveland, hopefully) and it saves a shitload of time and money. Plus, I think they last longer.

This is very true. And yeah, the dry cleaners that just ruined a $600 Boss Suit is the one my family has been going to for years. And ruined, means ruined. They clearly used some kind of chemical that didn't react very well with the suit material. Suit jacket and pants have crazy blue lines and burned-wrinkly looking spots on them now. I'll save it for my two-face outfit this October. I bet Harvey Dent wore Boss Suits

Take them to small claims court.

i'm pretty sure 2&2 is posting from an apple store as he is obviously homeless.

probably not. boss can't even get the pinstripes to match up at the middle of the shoulders...

eta: both of these posts make me sound like caturday. sorry.

Dry cleaner that I've been going to for years just left an ink spot on one of my patterned dress shirts and would not acknowledge their fault. Serioulsy pissed me off b/c a tie can't cover up the blemish.

There's nothing better than having one of your suits get destroyed, because that's one less suit that they can bury you in. And if you really want to be walking around wearing the same clothes as your future corpse, then you got bigger problems than finding a new dry cleaner, my friend.

99%?

i'm pretty sure 2&2 is posting from an apple store as he is obviously homeless.

probably not. boss can't even get the pinstripes to match up at the middle of the shoulders...

eta: both of these posts make me sound like caturday. sorry.

psssh. Boss is the shit

Yeah, for the most part. I wear suits a few times a week and haven't dry-cleaned any of them in years. You just need a decent steamer (non-cleveland, hopefully) and it saves a shitload of time and money. Plus, I think they last longer.

This! You can get a Jiffy steamer for around $200 or take a chance on a cheaper brand. We cut our dry cleaning bill by 90%+ Just remember to use distilled water instead of tap.

This shirt is "dry-clean only"...which means it's dirty.
-Mitch Hedberg

Back