• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wide Receivers rotation

That was pathetic. O Line actually started playing well. Wtf the refs. Just killed us on the intentional grounding. It was way past the line. A complete miss. Clawsen has to take a time out there and argue it. Geez. Killer

Our backs are good, Cam is player, the online is getting better. Our wideouts are weak and QBs poor, And the play calling and schemes are very poor. Even considering our deficiencies. Very disappointing.

The O-line started to play well, we scored to TD's, then they stopped playing well and laid down to close out the game. Maybe the offensive coordinator is horrible and should be fired, but I have no idea how much coordinating you can do in the 1 second between the snap and Wolford being tackled.

That was pathetic. O Line actually started playing well. Wtf the refs. Just killed us on the intentional grounding. It was way past the line. A complete miss. Clawsen has to take a time out there and argue it. Geez. Killer

Our backs are good, Cam is player, the online is getting better. Our wideouts are weak and QBs poor, And the play calling and schemes are very poor. Even considering our deficiencies. Very disappointing.

This

The O-line started to play well, we scored to TD's, then they stopped playing well and laid down to close out the game. Maybe the offensive coordinator is horrible and should be fired, but I have no idea how much coordinating you can do in the 1 second between the snap and Wolford being tackled.
You could stop pulling two to three O linemen leaving wide open lanes up the middle for blitzing linebackers. I really feel the lineman in a two point stance and the slow developing plays with line man pulling accounts for the majority of our plays for loss of yards.

This is what I posted on the game thread:

I don't get why they keep putting Washington out there; he just doesn't look physically ready. He may be 6'5" but he plays like he's 4'5" as any little bit of contact knocks him off balance. Wolford keeps throwing the ball up to him, and I don't know that he has ever once gone up for it. Hopefully another year or two of weight work will make him stronger, but right now a throw toward him is almost an automatic incomplete. Claude made a couple of decent catches today, but he has played weak this season as well. A stronger effort from him on that first INT, and it isn't an INT.

Puzzled me all year. Although I don't recall seeing him tonight.

Yeah. That was a plus.

Washington can at least get behind a db on a deep pattern. Clawson apparently has a man crush on #17.

Washington can at least get behind a db on a deep pattern. Clawson apparently has a man crush on #17.

wolfords inconsistent deep balls make our wrs look bad at times. i believe there were three shots deep to bachman vs bc w single coverage and all were egregiously underthrown. 2 he basically had to play db and break up interceptions, the other was the questionable offensive PI where he had the cb totally beat but had to wait on the ball resulting in the contact.

on the flip side, the ball to hines was pretty much on the money but was totally misplayed. but again, hines later had several steps on his man on the underthrown deep ball that luckily turned into an interference call.

Last edited:

Early in the season the staff played Washington and Claude a ton and neither was effective. Hines and Wade hardly at all. Now Bachman seems to be the favorite. Maybe it is based on effort in practice. Regardless, none of those young guys showed he was ready to start. But in fairness, play calling/scheme could be part of the problem.

Back