• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group B Discussion (AUS, CHL, NLD, SPA)

Xavi's decline has been the decline of Spain and Barca

I think that Geiger has been excellent in the middle again. Our American ref will get a knockout stage match to referee for sure. Happy for him.

Any truth to the rumor (that I have just now made up) that Chile's coach is the lovechild of Andre Agassi and Pitbull?

BqcKa0MIMAEqAIq.jpg

@ESPNFC: Spain conceded 6 goals TOTAL in Euro 2008, WC 2010 and Euro 2012. They have conceded 7 in 2 matches at the 2014 WC (via @OptaJoe)
Stunning.

How the fuck could there possibly be 6 mins of injury time?

lots of rolling around on the ground from chile in the 2h.

Sure but 6 minutes? That's sending a hell of a message.

Spain and Australia are officially eliminated.

Certainly not 6 mins worth though. Though I think there were probably a few punitive minutes added in there because of the faking.

sorry to see the soccaroos being talked about with spain after their effort today against holland.

While I root against most of the Euros, it's bittersweet to see Spain go, though I'm happy for Chile. Spain has been the prettiest Euro team to watch for the last several years, and Xavi has been 1 of my favorite players. But time catches up, as it also has for Forlan. They were my 2 favorite players in 2010, and this is the end for both of them in terms of WCs.

Back