• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would you have fired Dino so you could hire Manning?

Would you have fired Dino so you could hire Manning?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thedeacfan

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
Going back 4 years to the decision that got us here... Would you have fired Dino so you could hire Manning?

ETA: Assume Dino's record at the time he was fired and assume that Manning has today's record 4 years ago.

Last edited:
Are you being serious again or is this more of your silly sarcasm?

Not sure of the premise. Manning was a KU asst 4 years ago. But if Dino had been our coach the last 4 years, and we were headed in the wrong direction, which would have been likely, then yes, Danny or White would have been acceptable hires. After 4 years of Buzzdick, and Hatch and Chairman Ron over promising and apparently not pursuing Marshall, no is the emphatic answer. Just plain bad circumstances for Danny.

Fire the coach who had us at number one in the nation to hire someone who has had only one semi-decent season in a shitty conference? LOL! No, I don't think I would do that.

Fire the coach who had us at number one in the nation to hire someone who has had only one semi-decent season in a shitty conference? LOL! No, I don't think I would do that.

who got to #1 by beating 3 ranked teams, 2 at home. promptly after being #1, lost 2 straight road games to Bad Georgia Tech (12-19) and Miami (19-13) teams. Lost in first round of ACC tournament and got TROUNCED in NCAA by Cleveland St. But way to beat ranked UNC and Duke teams at home. Bz just did that as well.

who got to #1 by beating 3 ranked teams, 2 at home. promptly after being #1, lost 2 straight road games to Bad Georgia Tech (12-19) and Miami (19-13) teams. Lost in first round of ACC tournament and got TROUNCED in NCAA by Cleveland St. But way to beat ranked UNC and Duke teams at home. Bz just did that as well.

LOL

It is a confusing question, because I still would have fired Dino, but not explicitly to get Manning.

Bz got us to number one? Anyway, did Dino lose to Oral Roberts? Manning did. Have any of you settling on Manning actually looked at his record? Some mighty bad losses for Tulsa last season and no really good wins. You guys would've been screaming for Dino's head if he lost similar games. And last year was Manning's "good" season.

It is a confusing question, because I still would have fired Dino, but not explicitly to get Manning.

+1. If Manning (with his current record) had been the hire 4 years ago I would have been confused and disappointed. Not as confused/bummed as I was by the dipshit we actually hired, but still confused and disappointed.

No, I would have waited a year to make that decision like should have happened. The quick trigger has negatively affected every decision since.

+1. If Manning (with his current record) had been the hire 4 years ago I would have been confused and disappointed. Not as confused/bummed as I was by the dipshit we actually hired, but still confused and disappointed.

Agreed.

Firing Dino without an upgrade to replace is what got us into this mess.

Back