• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WSJ on Stimulus 3.0

FALSE. Nothing in the Ryan Bill would have created a single job. Once again you don't know what you zare talking about. The Dems cannot stop any bills coming out of committee in the House where they start.

Not now. I was talking about when the Dems had control. And the Ryan Plan was never intended to deal with unemployment. It was a plan to deal with long term entitlement insolvency.

The epitome of Republican hypocrisy is the issue over the payroll tax. They are trying to flip the tax breaks over from most Americans and put it in the business owners pockets. It's so transparent, they wont raise taxes on the highest two percent and then a tax break designed to help the majority of the people they want to give to businesses so that the richest people get even more tax breaks.

Not now. I was talking about when the Dems had control. And the Ryan Plan was never intended to deal with unemployment. It was a plan to deal with long term entitlement insolvency.

The Dems had control of everything for about 10 months and did pass the first stimulus which helped turn -700,000/mothn to job growth and -5.8%GDP into GDP growth.

Once Scott Brown was welected the GOP effectively had cotnrol of the Senate.

The Dems had control of everything for about 10 months and did pass the first stimulus which helped turn -700,000/mothn to job growth and -5.8%GDP into GDP growth.

Once Scott Brown was welected the GOP effectively had cotnrol of the Senate.

The recession, you know, ending, probably helped with that a little bit too. As for the GOP having control of the Senate with 41 senators, that's a retarded argument. Being able to filibuster does not mean you have control. The Dems still had the power to shoot down any Republican bill in committee. They still had the power to pass a bill whenever they got cloture, and the GOP couldn't filibuster forever. If the GOP effectively had control of the Senate when Scott Brown was elected, then how the hell was Obamacare passed?

The recession, you know, ending, probably helped with that a little bit too. As for the GOP having control of the Senate with 41 senators, that's a retarded argument. Being able to filibuster does not mean you have control. The Dems still had the power to shoot down any Republican bill in committee. They still had the power to pass a bill whenever they got cloture, and the GOP couldn't filibuster forever. If the GOP effectively had control of the Senate when Scott Brown was elected, then how the hell was Obamacare passed?

You know I didn't insult you, but if you want to play that game I will.

Thanks for showing your total ignorance and being a brainwashed partisan.

If the GOP had 41 votes NO bill that McConnell didn't want passed didn't get a vote.

This is simple FACT.

The GOP filibustering basically made a mockery of our system of government

You know I didn't insult you, but if you want to play that game I will.

Thanks for showing your total ignorance and being a brainwashed partisan.

If the GOP had 41 votes NO bill that McConnell didn't want passed didn't get a vote.

This is simple FACT.

The GOP had 41 votes. McConnell didn't want Obamacare passed. Obamacare passed. I'll wait for your explanation. Oh, and where did I insult you?

OOOOH the hanging curve that this is.....

I thought you were half conservative? Or is this like Saneff and Obama with race...but only politics? Enlighten me O' bastion of moderation.

I NEVER said HALF.....but of course I haven't said "why do you lie?" in a post as I used to in over three years, but people still accuse me of it....

EDIT: In fact the term I've used is "moderate"for economic issues...

Last edited:
The GOP had 41 votes. McConnell didn't want Obamacare passed. Obamacare passed. I'll wait for your explanation. Oh, and where did I insult you?

1) House passed their version of the bill first

2) The Senate passed their health care bill before Brown.

3) Normal procedure is that a conference committee then takes both bills
and creates a compromise bill between the two. That bill then goes back
to both the House and Senate for a revote. You'd need 60 votes to pass
it in the Senate.

4) The House knew that the GOP would filibuster it, so they decided to
throw their bill away and pass the Senate bill. Since they didn't change
anything, it went right to Obama for signature.

5) The House then put a bill together which changed certain things with
the bill Obama just signed. They worked this all out with the Senate
beforehand. Becuase THAT bill contained *budgetary* changes only, you
can't filibuster it. It passed with 56 votes.

Next time you need an 8th grade civics lesson, say so first.

Lifted from elsewhere on the web, but I liked it so well, I used all, including the smart ass final comment

Last edited:

"that's a retarded argument"

They got Collins and Snowe that time.....McConnell has records for obstructionism in EACH of his sessions as minority leader ubder Obama.

This is not something you can consider an opinion. In the history of the US Senate NO ONE has blocked more votes than Mitch McConnell.

The GOP filibustering basically made a mockery of our system of government

Yeah, that was wrong of them, despite the fact that well over 50% of their constituents strongly opposed it, and still do.

1) House passed their version of the bill first

2) The Senate passed their health care bill before Brown.

3) Normal procedure is that a conference committee then takes both bills
and creates a compromise bill between the two. That bill then goes back
to both the House and Senate for a revote. You'd need 60 votes to pass
it in the Senate.

4) The House knew that the GOP would filibuster it, so they decided to
throw their bill away and pass the Senate bill. Since they didn't change
anything, it went right to Obama for signature.

5) The House then put a bill together which changed certain things with
the bill Obama just signed. They worked this all out with the Senate
beforehand. Becuase THAT bill contained *budgetary* changes only, you
can't filibuster it. It passed with 56 votes.

Next time you need an 8th grade civics lesson, say so first.

Congratulations on wasting your time writing that post. Believe it or not, I do actually know how the whole thing went down.

Here's what RJ said: "If the GOP had 41 votes NO bill that McConnell didn't want passed didn't get a vote."

Once again: The GOP had 41 votes. McConnell didn't want Obamacare passed. Obamacare got a vote. No, the Republicans couldn't filibuster it. But that doesn't matter. RJ laid down those ridiculous parameters stating how the Republicans kept the Democrats from doing anything. I showed how idiotic that was.

Next time you need a reading lesson, just say so first.

"that's a retarded argument"

They got Collins and Snowe that time.....McConnell has records for obstructionism in EACH of his sessions as minority leader ubder Obama.

This is not something you can consider an opinion. In the history of the US Senate NO ONE has blocked more votes than Mitch McConnell.

You consider that an insult? You didn't here me bitching when you said "Once again you don't know what you're talking about" the post before. If that's an "insult" then technically you insulted me first.

OK, I'll relent....

As to your inane position on obstructionism HISTORY proves my point....

Congratulations on wasting your time writing that post. Believe it or not, I do actually know how the whole thing went down.

Here's what RJ said: "If the GOP had 41 votes NO bill that McConnell didn't want passed didn't get a vote."

Once again: The GOP had 41 votes. McConnell didn't want Obamacare passed. Obamacare got a vote. No, the Republicans couldn't filibuster it. But that doesn't matter. RJ laid down those ridiculous parameters stating how the Republicans kept the Democrats from doing anything. I showed how idiotic that was.

Thanks, but no waste of time. Cut and paste like I said. And I can read just fine. What RJ said still stands. Mitch filibusters everything he wants.

haha

deregulation? When did American business become such crybabies?

you know, the Deacs could make a lot more baskets if they weren't limited to two steps on a layup. It only makes sense, right? And we could get a lot more points if we didn't have to dribble at all.....so unfair

It works for Dook.

Back