PDA

View Full Version : "ellis read this" tag thread

marquee moon
05-11-2011, 02:03 PM
It was deleted by me, the thread starter. It was intended to be a silly and good natured ribbing about a harmless tag used by ellis.

Unfortunately, it took on an ugly personal attack tone in the tags, and posts.

I unilaterally removed it because in my opinion it had taken a turn for the worse and was violating the don't be a douche rule.

No one, including ellis, asked me to remove it, and I was blasted for removing it unilaterally without discussion in the mod forum though in the end the fact I started it was the justification for me being able to remove it.

If you have any follow up questions, ask away.

HailToTheDeacons
05-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Whoa.

Liquid Karma
05-12-2011, 03:45 PM
If you have any follow up questions, ask away.

Why are you a pretentious fuckwit when it comes to movies?

cookoutdeac
05-12-2011, 03:46 PM

and food? :plos:

Liquid Karma
05-12-2011, 03:54 PM

And music?

marquee moon
05-12-2011, 04:13 PM

Excellent question, but I prefer the term "films." Movies are what commoners see, stuffing their common faces with greasy buttery popcorn, sugary sodas and stale goobers.

Slack jawed yokels like you appreciate a movie like Saving Private Ryan. Educated hipsters like me prefer a film like A Thin Red Line.

You're all about the summer blockbuster and I'm all about Oscar season, foreign film category included.

marquee moon
05-12-2011, 04:15 PM

Because my palate, both in food and drink, is far more refined than yours.

marquee moon
05-12-2011, 04:16 PM
And music?

That is a gift.

cookoutdeac
05-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Because my palate, both in food and drink, is far more refined than yours.

Don't get me wrong, I love good food and like going out to nice places when I can, but sometimes a nice greasy meal from cookout/arbys is just what the doctor ordered (and is easier on teh wallet).

marquee moon
05-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love good food and like going out to nice places when I can, but sometimes a nice greasy meal from cookout/arbys is just what the doctor ordered (and is easier on teh wallet).

These days, I mostly eat at home.

Wife is a trained chef though so that doesn't suck.

cookoutdeac
05-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm jelly.