• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Wake ever win a head-to-head recruiting battle against Duke in Men's basketball?

Will Wake ever win a men's basketball recruiting battle with Duke?

• Total voters
I-Dont-Even-Have-Time-Nonsense.gif

Ever, as in until the end of time? I would say definitely. Coach Kryscrewski won't be there forever, just like Wooden's time at UCLA came to an end and so did the dynasty. Love him or hate him, count me in the later of course, but he's built quite a modern day dynasty at a school that plays in a cracker box.

We'll be alright once Danny Manning takes over for Pop for the US Men's Basketball team

If DM is as good as I think he is at evaluating talent and teaching, as well game time coaching, and he stays at Wake for a couple decades, we may win lots of recruiting battles with Duke. But only after K retires or becomes utterly senile.

I wish Wake had an on-campus "cracker box" like Cameron. It's a much better atmosphere for a college game than places like the Joel and the Dean Dome. Part of K's genius is that he took what might seem like a liability (aging, old-fashioned field house) and turned into an asset.

You've got a point. State doesn't have the same home-court advantage at RBC that they did at Reynolds. I like the Joel, when it was at it's best, it was a pretty tough place for opponents to play. Hopeful, but not confident we can get it back to that though.

If [Redacted] is as good as I think he is at evaluating talent and teaching, as well game time coaching, and he stays at Wake for a couple decades, we may win lots of recruiting battles with Duke. But only after K retires or becomes utterly senile.

I remember posts similar to this 5 years ago...

The Joel is a great home court. Just need the green seats to go already .

It's harder to fuck around with the thermostat in the Joel to gain a competitive advantage.

Ever, as in until the end of time? I would say definitely. Coach Kryscrewski won't be there forever, just like Wooden's time at UCLA came to an end and so did the dynasty. Love him or hate him, count me in the later of course, but he's built quite a modern day dynasty at a school that plays in a cracker box.

Duke was beating us for recruits long before Coach K's arrival.

At this point, I'd be satisfied to win a recruiting battle with them in football.

Back