• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Attendance listed at 6,901 for last night's game

I wonder how many of that 6,901 were actually there.

Not too shabby. Wonder how many were students?

I watched the game on ESPN3 and there is no way in thunder half of 6900 were there. 6,900 is almost half of the Joel capacity and I'd say it was at best 20 percent full. It's very sad and depressing to see how bad attendance is at basketball games now.

I watched the game on ESPN3 and there is no way in thunder half of 6900 were there. 6,900 is almost half of the Joel capacity and I'd say it was at best 20 percent full. It's very sad and depressing to see how bad attendance is at basketball games now.

i have to agree...i would be surprised by over 2000 in actual attendance and around 50 students.

it is not good and it kills me that it has been almost 5 years since i moved away and no longer have season tickets. i hope they start getting better attendance for some of the ACC games.

You guys keep staying away. Showed up at 6:50 last night, needed two. A guy thinks I'm a pigeon and pulls the $20 for lowers on me. Another walks up and says what are you looking for? I say the cheapest tickets I can find. He says, "How does free work for you?" and hands me two.

Free is good.

Thanks a lot guy outside of Joel.

There were mybe 2500 to 3000 at that game. You could literally hear individual people in the crowd saying things on the broadcast....

I was there and the lower bowl was quite full.

The Joel seats around 14.4K, I believe. That would mean that it was about 48% full. Didnt seem like every other seat was filled, but maybe our perspective is off because it wasnt that long ago the place was full and rockin. Sad to see what has happened ... hope it gets better soon. Someone once said that winning is the best promotion in sports.

At least we're not BC. This is a picture of their student section from tonight's game against UMass.

39135537.jpg

Good question. Is it possible there were 6,901 season ticket holders this season?

the announced attendance was only 6022 on opening night, although it certainly seemed like more people were there than last night. the upper deck was pretty much empty and holds more people than the lower deck.

if there were 6901 season ticket holders, the athletic department would still be lying by saying that was attendance. Sold tickets is not attendance.

Why do they announce inflated attendance figures?

It is probably because they can and it makes everything look better. There have been 25,000 at football games and they announced 32,000.

I doubt Wake even sold 6000 season basketball tickets, much less have that many attend North Carolina Central or Loyola Maryland.

It is probably because they can and it makes everything look better. There have been 25,000 at football games and they announced 32,000.

I doubt Wake even sold 6000 season basketball tickets, much less have that many attend North Carolina Central and Loyola Maryland combined.

fixed.

raise your hand if you keep seeing BC scores and keep checking again to make sure we still play them twice this year

Back