• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl Game

DeaconBoss

Reaction score
Who here thought we'd have a bowl game to distract us from the terlet hoops season we knew we were gonna have? A couple of tough losses aside...Shreveport sounds a lot better than beisbol season.

Who's with me?

Who here thought we'd have a bowl game to distract us from the terlet hoops season we knew we were gonna have? A couple of tough losses aside...Shreveport sounds a lot better than beisbol season.

Who's with me?
Terlet?

Who's with me?

If you'd have told me that we'd be going to a bowl game at the beginning of the season, I wouldn't have believed it. We doubled our wins from last year (though should have done MUCH better). Maybe we can double them again next year.:beer:

Our family was definitely up for attending a Wake bowl game anywhere. After the embarrassment at BBT yesterday, it feels like we don't deserve to be playing anymore. Highly disappointed in my Deacs. :(

Our family was definitely up for attending a Wake bowl game anywhere. After the embarrassment at BBT yesterday, it feels like we don't deserve to be playing anymore. Highly disappointed in my Deacs. :(

Yeah heard a woman say the same to her spouse. "well we we're going to go to our bowl game over the holidays but it's pointless now"

A trip to Shreveport is a fitting and proper reward for a 6-6 season.

Yup. Sitting there at halftime, I thought "we absolutley deserve Shreveport after this game". In a few days though, this loss will be forgotten and I'll be happy again that we are back in a bowl game.

Last night was very disappointing and Shreveport is all we deserve for this season. That being said, I am excited that our guys get another month of practice (continue building for next season) and I am glad we have a shot at a winning season. Adding another bowl to our resume' is never a negative.

Last night was very disappointing and Shreveport is all we deserve for this season. That being said, I am excited that our guys get another month of practice (continue building for next season) and I am glad we have a shot at a winning season. Adding another bowl to our resume' is never a negative.

Good common sense post. Team can use the practice to build for next year, a bowl is a bowl (even if it's in Shreveport), and at the beginning of the year, pretty much everyone here would have taken a bowl berth. Sure, the ball bounces a little differently throughout the year and we have a very special season, but shoulda/woulda/coulda is a waste of energy. Hope the Deacs get fired up and win a bowl game! Let's get a winning season and get pumped for next year!

Back