• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NWT - Props to the SLU Billikens

deacfreke2

Reaction score
83-63 over Oklahoma for the 76 Classic Championship. An absolute clinic by Majerus and his crew. Okie's gonna be good again, but what a performance. Hope a few of you got to see it.

83-63 over Oklahoma for the 76 Classic Championship. An absolute clinic by Majerus and his crew. Okie's gonna be good again, but what a performance. Hope a few of you got to see it.

Rick Majerus is a great coach. He had a pretty impressive run in the late 90s at Utah... 6 straight years of going to the second round or deeper in the NCAA tournament

This SLU team looks a lot like his better Utah teams. Not the most athletic but they play fundamentally perfect ball, or as close to perfect as you'll see. It's like he has an answer to anything you try to do. They've got just enough talent and barely enough size to make it work.

A video of this game should be in every coach's library. Something to see a team share the ball they way they did tonight.

Rick Majerus is one of the nicest coaches I've ever met. He spent about a half hour talking to me after a team practice when Utah was in the NCAAT one year, and it's one of those memories I will never forget.

The real USC story came out a few days ago. Majerus' mom had cancer a few years ago and right after his dad died.

When he got the USC job he tried to get her to move to LA, but she wouldn't. He decided he needed to be closer to his mom.

Didn't Majerus live in a hotel room the entire time he coached at Utah?

Yeah, lives in one in St. Louis too. Says that the maid changes the sheets every day, is always nice, and leaves a chocolate on the pillow each day. Guy has it made.

The real USC story came out a few days ago. Majerus' mom had cancer a few years ago and right after his dad died.

When he got the USC job he tried to get her to move to LA, but she wouldn't. He decided he needed to be closer to his mom.

Just read that story today. She just passed a few months ago.

lol anyone who makes Keith Van Horn cry and poops in towels is fine by me.

Rick Majerus is one of the nicest coaches I've ever met. He spent about a half hour talking to me after a team practice when Utah was in the NCAAT one year, and it's one of those memories I will never forget.

Did he pull his pants down and shit in a towel for you? :plos:

ETA: Dammit beat by a minute

And for that matter, love me some midwestern catholic schools. SLU, Creighton, Marquette represent!

Majerus a big fan of Winston. I remember he stayed here for like a week between two broadcasting gigs a few years back.

Apparently he was a big fan of the Reynolds gym pool as well. Maybe a company of one there but more power to him

Wait a second here....are you telling me that a coach can take a team of less talented players and "coach" them to victory over a more talented squad????? That's crazy talk. I'm confused:tard:

Wait a second here....are you telling me that a coach can take a team of less talented players and "coach" them to victory over a more talented squad????? That's crazy talk. I'm confused:tard:

Someone should get [Redacted] a towel.

SLU has a good mix of upper and lower classmen in their 9 man rotation. 2 Srs. and a Jr. start. No freshmen are in the rotation.

They go 6'9, 6'8 off the bench in the frontcourt, and the 6'9 player is shooting it well from the arc. Their 3 man is a 7 footer from New Zealand who has a great stroke from deep. He played on the international team in the Nike challenge two years ago. The guards off the bench are very athletic.

They are getting terrific guard play across the board, are shooting it great, and their 4 and 5 players are a little short but very physical. It's a team that's experienced and is playing with a very high IQ.

There's no comparison between the two teams this year.

Back