• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If Colts can fire the Polians then Wake can fire Wellman

Goolsbyrules

Reaction score
Although I am a buzz outer, I don't blame buzz for taking the job, I blame Wellman for giving Buzz the job.

Buzz has failed and is killing the program, Wellman should be taking a lot of heat for this. The Dinger was pretty disgusted on the radio tonight and he is supposed to be a homer.

It would be one thing if bzz had some personality but he doesn't and even without CJ there is no way you lose to a 500 southern conference team at home. You watch the games and nothing about Bzz is inspiring.

This sucks and Bzz has not done anything remotely close to The reasons Wellman gave for hiring him.

Did Wellman have to do the post game so buzz could go recruiting again?

What a drought this will be, somebody get Bob stack on the phone.

Don't know if Bob stack will be up for the job but Bob Staak would be the answer!!!

Wellman's saving grace is the football program. I feel like if Bz fails Wellman needs to get the boot but I think Wellman's job is probably safe thanks to the success of football at this point.

Wellman's saving grace is the football program. I feel like if Bz fails Wellman needs to get the boot but I think Wellman's job is probably safe thanks to the success of football at this point.

But but but ... we need to fire Lobo! If we fire Lobo, we'll magically win every game and be the national champs for the next 20 years!!!

I'm a big BzzzOut guy, but I think that Bzzz gets next year with a large and highly ranked recruiting class to get things going in the right direction. Basketball is different than football, in that you can make a huge turnaround depending largely on freshman. If he doesn't show much improvement next season, Wellman has got to give him the boot and I'm willing to give Wellman another shot at hiring a coach. If next year is still bad and Wellman doesn't fire Bzzz, then Wellman and Bzzz should get the boot.

It concerns me a lot this season that a guy like Anthony Fields, who looked pretty good to start the season, has seemingly regressed, but I still think Bzzz gets next year because we are terribly undermanned this season.

Back