• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OSU's Gee inserts foot in mouth again (nwt)

94Deac

Grouchy SOB
Reaction score
No word on whether he's hired JR Smith's sister as a PR consultant yet.

A few minutes later, in a question-and-answer session, Gee referred to the problem of coordinating 18 divisions such as independent schools and colleges.

"When we had these 18 colleges all kind of floating around, they were kind of like PT Boats, they were shooting each other," Gee said. "It was kind of like the Polish army or something. I have no idea what it was."

As nervous laughter arose in the audience of a couple hundred listeners at a Columbus Metropolitan Club monthly forum, Gee said, "Oh, never mind, who did I embarrass now?" A moment later he said: "I'll have to raise money for Poland now."

Gee did not apologize afterward, and stumbled a bit in responding to questions about the propriety of the remark.

"Now if you're going to say I was saying something bad about Poland, I'm not," he said. "I could have used some other term, I guess, then."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7451108/ohio-state-buckeyes-president-gordon-gee-makes-ethnic-comment-slip-up

:rolleyes wgaf

People are going to make issue of it mainly given Gee's past slips. OSU alumni GAF since it's yet another negative story in the news and OSU haters GAF... for the same reason. Penn State fans GAF b/c it's not about them.

polish%20joke%20protest-thumb-375xauto-4156.jpg

Exactly. That wasn't nervous laughter -- that was a collective groan at a weak ass joke.

people have been making fun of polish people for like 200 years, the joke being that polish people are backwards and/or dumb.

There was a resurgence in popularity at Polish jokes in the 40s after they rolled over to the Nazis. Traditionally, however, Poles are considered creative, enterprising, and smart, going against most stereotypes therein. As a person of Polish descent, I actually find these jokes hilarious, however.

attacking tanks with horses wasn't the best idea

Poles are Eastern Europeans and thus not on the politically correct protected list. So, it's OK to make fun of them no matter how unfairly.

There was a resurgence in popularity at Polish jokes in the 40s after they rolled over to the Nazis. Traditionally, however, Poles are considered creative, enterprising, and smart, going against most stereotypes therein. As a person of Polish descent, I actually find these jokes hilarious, however.[/QUOTE]

Townie - did you hear about the Polock that drove around the same block 100 times because his turn signal was stuck?

(It's an oldie but goodie and I always thought is was hilarious myself....for the newer version, substitute 'dumb blonde')

41R6Qq3HwiL._SS500_.jpg

We had this in our house at least 30 years ago. No idea if it was a gift from my Polish uncle or how we ended up with it. You flipped the book over and it was an the Official Italian Joke Book (to distinguish between all of the unofficial joke books out there).

My dad used to work at a ski lodge where his boss called urinal cakes "Polish breathmints."

Back