• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are you going to miss Jim Rome?

Are you going to miss Jim Rome?

• I'll miss him

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • I won't miss him one bit

Votes: 82 90.1%

• Total voters
No. I think I watched the show 3 times, maybe.

Cannot stand Jim Rome. Will not miss him at all. Glad to see him leave.

His radio show is actually pretty decent. That being said, his attempts at television have been absolutely terrible.

I guess I'm in the tiny minority that likes Rome on radio and, to a lesser extent, on tv. The "athlete correspondent" segment is usually good. He also gives good interviews (although I'll admit he likes to fellate the athletes he likes and only tosses them softballs).

The only reason he's famous is because of Jim Everett.

Sadly, Stephen Smith (I thought ESPN canned him?) and Skip Bayless seem to have followed the same formula.

Say outrageous ridiculous lies that get you noticed.

jim rome is that dude. i thoroughly enjoyed watching him rip people to shreds in his opening rant

how does him changing networks affect anything?

I didn't even realize he was on ESPN. Rome is burning was an ESPN show?

I kind of like him. Unlike a lot of the other mainstream sports journo "hardballers" (whattup, Skip Payless!), he generally understands who he's knocking and why...

I didn't know CBS is starting its own sports network. While I welcome a competitor to the EVIL that is ESPN, hiring Jim Rome as your big splash isn't gonna do much. Fox needs to do it. They have the shit in place already.

Back