• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tiger got Rocked

Caturday

Reaction score
by Robert Rock #117 in the world. Also got outplayed by Rory.

This is the new normal for Tiger. Look for lots of top 10 finishes but far less wins.

finally he'll get all those 2nd place finishes that everyone thinks makes Jack better than Tiger

He beat world #1 Luke Donald by 10 shots. He beat world #3 Westwood by 5 shots. World #4 Martin Kaymer didn't make the cut.

So, yeah, Tiger sucks because he was pulling the ball all day Sunday and couldn't close out a win against a tough field. Oh, and Rory didn't beat Rock either.

One tournament means nothing.

I'm happy for Rock. Sounds like he's 1 of the few blue collar types on either tour. And Tiger had been his golf hero, so yesterday had to be the highlight of his career thus far. So great for him.

As for Tiger and Rory, they both had very good weeks. Tiger was just a bit off with some drives and approaches yesterday compared to the 1st 3 days. I think Tiger and Rory served a bit of notice that they gonna be serious contenders this season. Also nice to see them talking and laughing during their rounds together.

finally he'll get all those 2nd place finishes that everyone thinks makes Jack better than Tiger

I believe the second place finishes by Jack that people refer to are in Major Championships, not random tournaments on other continents. And, this was only a third, anyway.

What does mean something is that Rock inexplicably hit driver and completely blocked his drive on 18 into the hazard (very lucky it didn't end up in the water) and Tiger still couldn't come close to putting his ball in the fairway. The old Tiger would have accepted that gift and made it interesting. He didn't even birdie the hole. That was pretty telling I thought about whether he is really "back."

Tiger is back in the sense that he probably won't miss every cut, but he still isn't the player he was, and probably never will be. He lost his mental edge and I doubt he can recapture that.

Yeah he's not the player he was in 2000 when he was the greatest golfer in the history of the world, but getting third in this tournament is hardly any sign of his great demise.

Then again, back in 2000 he didn't have to worry about a sub-100 in the world player storming to the front of a tournament and making 4 birdies in the first 8 holes on Sunday.

So much more talent at all levels these days.

other players aren't scared of him any more

Then again, back in 2000 he didn't have to worry about a sub-100 in the world player storming to the front of a tournament and making 4 birdies in the first 8 holes on Sunday.

So much more talent at all levels these days.

+1. We're seeing the results of the first generation of Tiger-inspired young golfers, and they are filthy good.

Not to mention that equipment has rendered true shot making a lost art, which brings so many more players into the mix.

Last edited:
Back