• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA tournament

Infamousdeac

Reaction score
How likely is it that Unc will be in Greensboro for the tournament? I want to get my little sister tickets for her birthday as she is a Hole fan.

where you buying them? Id like to buy some regardless of team. Craving some good college bball

I'll be the one to say it isn't a total lock. And the reason is Georgetown.

Precedent for the Hoyas being shipped to NC ... they came here in '08 when both they and Duke were 2-seeds. Of course the Verizon Center was also a site that year and they couldn't play there while Duke could. But there are other examples as well ... Tennessee got shipped to Gboro in '06 over UNC, when the Vols were a 2 and the Heels were a 3.

If the Hoyas finish strong and UNC doesn't particularly, it's certainly feasible that Gtown would be there and not the Heels. May depend on who winds up in Pittsburgh (Syracuse? Ohio State?).

we're probably getting shipped out this season unless we win out.

or at least win the ACC (w/ no more than 1 loss from here on) and win the ACC Tourney.

I hope the Winthrop loss doesn't burst our bubble.

Think you mean Wofford. Winthrop was last year. But these losses have a way of running together

IF I wait till after selection Sunday will their still be time to get tickets?

I'll be the one to say it isn't a total lock. And the reason is Georgetown.

Precedent for the Hoyas being shipped to NC ... they came here in '08 when both they and Duke were 2-seeds. Of course the Verizon Center was also a site that year and they couldn't play there while Duke could. But there are other examples as well ... Tennessee got shipped to Gboro in '06 over UNC, when the Vols were a 2 and the Heels were a 3.

If the Hoyas finish strong and UNC doesn't particularly, it's certainly feasible that Gtown would be there and not the Heels. May depend on who winds up in Pittsburgh (Syracuse? Ohio State?).

That's the key phrase right there. Georgetown was in line for a pod placement in Charlotte last year in mid-February, then promptly lost 4 of their last 5 regular season games (with the one win a squeaker over South Florida) and their first Big East tournament game. They aren't usually known for finishing the year on a high note.

IF I wait till after selection Sunday will their still be time to get tickets?

You'll have to scalp. Tickets are always "available" it's a matter of how much you wanna pay of course. I would suggest getting them now. If for some odd reason UNC isn't there you can always sell them later on.

Think you mean Wofford. Winthrop was last year. But these losses have a way of running together
But we won the Super Bowl, which I was pretty sure was an automatic berth. I'll have to look that up again in the tournament selection rules to be sure.

I guess I mean Wofford. Some low-major conference team from the south that starts with a W. Who knows though.

Back