• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Economic Impact of the 2011 Music City Bowl

Rumor has it that cow bell sales made up approximately of the reported revenue.

"A total of 25,805 hotel room nights were booked with 36,989 out-of-town visitors attending the Bowl."

Does that seem a little off to anyone else? That's a lot of people rolling solo.

"A total of 25,805 hotel room nights were booked with 36,989 out-of-town visitors attending the Bowl."

Does that seem a little off to anyone else? That's a lot of people rolling solo.

When I read it... I assumed it was totaling all rented hotel rooms in the area (for football & non-football reasons) along with an estimate of how many bowl attendees were from out of town...

OK. That makes more sense.

I assume they estimate the out of town visitors based upon the standard sleeping arrangement. 2 people per king sized room reserved, 4 for a room with two double beds. When they say hotel room nights, one couple could account for multiple hotel room night stays. Our group stayed for 3 nights each.

That includes multiple nights by the same person. Husband and wife in town for 3 nights account for 3 room nights and 2 visitors.

Yeah. Poor reading comprehension.

I knew it was going to be bad, but those cowbells are painful. We should utilize them at the next Ryder Cup.

Back