• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I know y'all hate his ass but Ives just ate at our tailgate. Pretty cool guy.

GrantWahl Grant Wahl
Tim Howard, Benny Feilhaber and Oguchi Onyewu are not dressing tonight for the U.S. vs. Paraguay (via @ussoccer)

Im a little surprised Benny did not dress for either match. He must have some sort of knock or something.

So I guess that means that we get Ream at centerback?

USMNT lineup v. PAR: Hahnemann; Chandler, DeMerit, Ream, Bornstein; Dempsey, Edu, Bradley, Donovan (c); Altidore, Agudelo

USA bench vs Paraguay: Spector, Bocanegra, Jones, Kljestan, Yelldell, Lichaj, Diskerud. 6 subs allowed tonight.

Last edited:
ussoccer U.S. SOCCER
U-20 #USMNT XI: MacMath; Garza, Kitchen, Agbossoumonde, Valentin; Lletget, Okugo, Rowe, Wood, Doyle, Gyau

How many more years does Howard have?

What are our young keepers like?

Scary to think what we'll be like without a killer GK.

Timmy just turned 32. So he will probably be phased out after the 2014 World Cup would be my guess.

I suppose Timmy could play past 2014, but US keeps seem to step aside and Howard shouldn't be any different.

Guzan has been the backup for years, but failing to break into Villa's first team after a couple seasons has to count against him. He's still not old for a keeper though. Cervi maybe? I haven't heard much about him since he went to Celtic.

My wildcard is Sean Johnson. Kid had a great rookie season for the Fire and is only 21 I believe.

Back