• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Andy Najar to announce his nation team decision tomorrow. Pretty much a given that it will be Honduras.

Can't say I blame him. He was born there and his entire family is from there. He's lived there most of his life. He's eligible immediately. Their team has less depth, so he's more than likely guaranteed a spot for the next 12 years or so.

The biggest downside is he might never get to play in a World Cup.

Can't say I blame him. He was born there and his entire family is from there. He's lived there most of his life. He's eligible immediately. Their team has less depth, so he's more than likely guaranteed a spot for the next 12 years or so.

The biggest downside is he might never get to play in a World Cup.

Agreed

The U-20's play tonight against Guatemala in Guatemala. Winner goes to the World Cup. It'll be on ESPN3 and I think the CONCACAF site.

The U-20's play tonight against Guatemala in Guatemala. Winner goes to the World Cup. It'll be on ESPN3 and I think the CONCACAF site.

I thought we had already won our group? Or is this outside of group play?

66'. Chipped one over the keeper from 16 yards out after what was apparently a beautiful pass from Okugu

Hey at least we know that we get Agudelo for the whole Gold Cup now.

Really just bad luck running into the host in the key qualifier. I'd have to guess it was the first real hostile environment most of those kids have faced. I think the last youth team to not qualify was the 04 u23s with LD, Beasley, and company when they had their win or go home game at Mexico.

Back