• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Oh, it wasn't you, 09. You've never been high on Vela. Even if you've defended him against Townie's relentless assault on him.

Behold the U.S. Women's World Cup jersies. AWFUL.

2qu88ra.jpg

I don't know wtf it's supposed to be, I guess a fake zipper. The blue looks exactly the same only with a white fake zipper.

Not sure which one I dislike more this ugly fake zipper thing or the gold jerseys they wore I think for the olympics. Gold = not a U.S color

Does it show more cleav? Which begs the question, did Sepp Blatter design it?

Dv7 and sd3 nailed the confusion of Aguirre starting that joke Perez (think that was his name) over Ochoa as well as Franco over Javier Hernandez. He befuddled the Mexicans with his choices. And yet he still did 20x better than Sven, which tells you something about how poor he was. Aguirre's actually a pretty good coach who's done some good things in La Liga. Don't know who the new guy is either

Also Ochoa was still hilariously the star of every Mexican national team commercial last summer despite being benches. Couldn't get his mug off Goltv. And they were all new commercials too, making it funnier that they had just spent money making new ads with the 3rd choice keeper.

Wouldn't surprise me if some John Harkes/John Terry stories start coming out about Ochoa down the line. Only thing that would explain it to me.

Dv7 and sd3 nailed the confusion of Aguirre starting that joke Perez (think that was his name) over Ochoa as well as Franco over Javier Hernandez. He befuddled the Mexicans with his choices. And yet he still did 20x better than Sven, which tells you something about how poor he was. Aguirre's actually a pretty good coach who's done some good things in La Liga. Don't know who the new guy is either

Also Ochoa was still hilariously the star of every Mexican national team commercial last summer despite being benches. Couldn't get his mug off Goltv. And they were all new commercials too, making it funnier that they had just spent money making new ads with the 3rd choice keeper.

Yeah that commercial where is showed him diving 50 times and "covering all angles" was hilarious.

Chepo de la Torre is a pretty legit manager, at least on the club level. He had Toluca right at the top of the MFL along with Pachuca. He was at Chivas in the middle part of the decade too and won the league there as well.

Just watched the past 25 minutes of the Van-NE match. DeMerit had a crushing tackle on Feilhaber that made me laugh a little. Silly Jay.

Salgado's fun to watch. Making plenty of mistakes, for sure, but showing flashes of real talent. Almost had a great goal toward the end of the half that was saved by the outstretched palm of Matt Reis.

Just watched the past 25 minutes of the Van-NE match. DeMerit had a crushing tackle on Feilhaber that made me laugh a little. Silly Jay.

Salgado's fun to watch. Making plenty of mistakes, for sure, but showing flashes of real talent. Almost had a great goal toward the end of the half that was saved by the outstretched palm of Matt Reis.

Really horrible first 20-25 minutes. Tough to play on a wet artificial turf. Benny played really well the last 15 minutes or so. Should have had a goal on his header into the defender's back. Salgado's quick shot at the end was the best chance of the half. DeMerit probably won't be seeing the pitch for our national team anymore. Looks like he's lost a step.

Benny and Lekic just had a brilliant give and go for a goal. Feilhaber's chip was beautiful. Wrongly ruled offside.

Back